Jai Bhim Yojana Registration 2020: The Government of Delhi is planning to release the notification to provide free coaching for UPSC Civils, NEET, IIT-JEE and other competitive exams under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna Scheme 2020 (जय भीम मुख्यमंत्री प्रतिभा विकास योजना).
Candidates belonging to the Delhi state can check the eligibility and required documents to get benefited from the scheme.
Highlights of the Scheme:
- Free coaching for UPSC Civils, NEET, IIT-JEE, and other competitive exams
- Applicant must belong to the Delhi state
- The ratio of the applicants studied from Government and Private Schools is 75:25
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC community from Delhi state is eligible to apply for the scheme
- The detailed eligibility criteria have been provided below, go through it.
The objective of the Scheme: Today’s India has become full of opportunities for people from every class and creed. Previously India has not been in good terms with the people of lower levels and scheduled caste and tribes. The Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme enables the economically backward communities to get proper public or private jobs to earn a good living. This scheme provides coaching to the people of SC/ST/EWS/OBC Communities to sit for competitive examinations and score well.
The agencies having the scheme have to pay each local student a Stipend of Rs. 2500/- per month for attaining the classes. The payment should not be via cash but through PFMS/ ECS or Cheque.
The Coaching Services Provided under the Jai Bhim Scheme:
- The Group A and Group B examinations conducted under the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination, different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) examination and Judicial Services Examination.
- Group A and Group B examinations conducted under the supervision of the “State Public Service Commission”.
- Officers’ Grade examinations conducted by Banks, Insurance Companies and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
- It even helps in coaching for Premier Entrance Examinations for admission in
- Engineering colleges like that of IIT-JEE and AIEEE,
- Medical colleges like AIPMT,
- Even professional courses like Management and Law (e.g. CAT and CLAT) respectively
Eligibility Criteria for Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme 2020:
- The Jai Bhim Scheme allows the candidates who reside in Delhi only.
- The applicant must complete schooling from a Delhi school or at least has passed class 10th boards and 12th boards or is still in 12th standard in a Delhi school.
- The family income must not be more than Rs. 6,00,000/- per annum.
The Ratio of the Candidates:
The rate of the students completing school from government branches to the students completing school from the private departments who have to be coached under the same Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme is 75:25.
Selection Procedure of the Students
- All the students applying for the scheme must take an exam conducted by the prescribed institution for the name enrolment in the list of the beneficiary students. The candidate must secure a minimum percentage in the review for being a part of the scheme in the institution.
- Every registered institution has fixed a minimum criterion for the selection of the beneficiary students in the scheme. If a student has to take part in the institution for appearing in the competitive examinations for public or private jobs, the students must secure the marks fixed for the entrance exam of the institute.
- The selection is purely based on merit. In case the institute does not set any particular criteria, the choice of the candidate is based on the quality of the student who is to appear for the competitive examination.
- There is a sponsor body in each institution for helping needy students with excellent merit. These sponsor bodies, at times, selects students for the institutions for making their future bright.
- The institutes helping the candidates for coaching purposes should take the income as well as the caste certificate issued by the Office of the respective District Magistrate.
- The students that fail to pass the competitive examination after taking free coaching from the Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme can appear for the same exam twice under the same scheme. Though, in the second chance, only 50% of the coaching fee is provided by the Government.
- The student is only given free coaching in the second time if he or she offers in writing that the candidate has appeared just twice in the competitive examination taking the help of this scheme.
- The institution providing free coaching to the economically unstable students provides free coaching classes to the candidates in the preliminary as well as mains examination. If the student succeeds in getting selected for the interview, he or she does not get restricted by the number of chances of getting a bright future ahead.
- The students applying for the Jai Bhim Scheme under any particular institute must be particular about the classes. The student must be regular and attending all the free coaching classes.
- In case of staying absent in the courses for more than 15 days, the student shall lose the facility of getting free coaching classes for competitive examinations. The seat shall not get wasted as the institution takes another needy student under the same scheme in place of the absentee.
Institutions that will implement the Jai Bhim Scheme:
The implementing agencies for the Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme 2020 are great in number. Many such agencies want to help the people compete in competitive examinations for earning a good living. There are many famous and reputed institutions, registered and private centers and even many NGOs.
Eligibility Criteria for the Coaching Institutions:
- For the empanelment of the coaching of the students, the institute should be registered or be a part of any institution or body that follows the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or Companies Act, 2013 or any other legal action of the State or Union Territory of India.
- The registered institution must have a working experience of at least three years as on the date of inviting people to join them via applications from the institution for the empanelment by the Department.
- The institute which is to apply for the Jai Bhim Scheme should at least be an active body for three years. The institute must have at least a hundred students for two years before the date of application for the scheme.
- The institute applying for the Jai Bhim Scheme must have proper infrastructure and faculty to meet the general criteria of the scheme.
Selection of the Coaching Institutions:
- The departments of the welfare of SC/ST/OBC minorities shall invite the reputed agencies and institutions for considering the students for free coaching under the Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme 2020.
- The institutes have to request the departments to give them the facility to provide the scheme to the needy students. After receiving the proposals from the agencies, the Government Officers from the welfare department visits the campus of the implementing body.
- After the inspection of the infrastructure and faculty of the implementing organization, the Department decides whether to give the institution proper scheme facilities or not.
- The below-listed department Officers have to choose these particular members for particular posts from the agency:
- The Principal Secretary/ Secretary (SC/ST), – Chairman
- AAO, DSCST – Member
- The Department decides two relevant representatives from the proper background – Member
- Concerned Deputy Director (SC/ST) – Member Secretary
- The above-chosen members in the posts shall carry out the preliminary screening of the proposals received from the agencies and shortlist them.
- The officers want only those agencies which have prima facie satisfied the eligibility criteria and have all the supporting facilities under the scheme. From these shortlisted agencies, the Committee only chooses the ones which meet prima facie facilities and are efficient enough in conducting the free coaching classes.
- Once the coaching center is implemented for the scheme, the agency can work under that scheme for three years. After three years, the agency does not have to apply for the program to the Department again via advertisements and applications unless and until they are asked to do so by the Department of welfare.
- The case of fund release empanelment and other fund related matters are set afresh after every 3 years. In the case of some special needs, the agencies have to apply to the Department again.
Note: For the promotion of the Jai Bhim Yojana Scheme, the implemented bodies have to promote it via advertisements in the local areas. The agencies, at times, have to invite the applicants to take part in the scheme. The eligible candidates get readily accepted in the agencies.
- The institute has to maintain a proper record of the students.
- The institution must apply the grant-in-aid to the students in specified situations only.
- After the conclusion of the agency in the scheme, it should submit the income and expenditure account balance sheet with respect to the grant-in-aid received in a year.
- The agency has to provide a certificate that the grantee institution has not got any other grant for the same scheme by any other Government or Non-Government body.
Review of the performance and monitoring:
- The designated officers check the progress of the agency at least once a year and submit it to the Department
- The Department should conduct a periodic review
- At the start and end of the course, the agencies have to provide the details of the candidates to the Department each year.
- On the result of the candidates, the works of the agencies shall be judged
- The continuation of the funding entirely depends on the progress and performance of the agency at the end of the year.
- If the performance of the agency becomes unsatisfactory to the Department at any point, the funding gets stopped.