IBPS Clerk 2020: IBPS Stands for Institute for Banking Personnel Selection. Every year lakhs of people apply for IBPS Clerk posts, the competition may increase this year.
IBPS releases the recruitment notification every year. Before applying for the IBPS Clerk posts candidates have to check whether they are eligible or not.
Here we have given the latest eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk Posts.
Also, we have updated the latest notification details and the online application process in this article.
IBPS Clerk 2020 – Important Dates
|Name of the Service||Prelims||Mains|
|Probationary Officers||12th October 2019|
13th October 2019
19th October 2019
20th October 2019
|30th November 2019|
|Clerks||7th December 2019|
8th December 2019
14th December 2019
15th December 2019
|19th January 2020|
|Specialist Officers||28th December 2019|
29th December 2019
|25th January 2020|
IBPS Clerk 2020 (Eligibility, Educational Qualification & Age Limit)
In order to apply for the IBPS Clerk post, the candidate has to fulfill the below three sections.
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
Note: All the criteria specified herein are the essential criteria for applying in IBPS Clerk. All the candidates are hereby the need to produce the original as well as the photocopy of documents to support these declarations of identity and eligibility. The papers- category, age, educational degrees, nationality, etc. which all are mentioned in the online application form must be with them. They must show the documents to the recruitment authorities for IBPS as demanded.
1. Age Limit & Relaxation for IBPS Clerk Exam 2020:
Age Limit: The applicant must be at least 20 years old and the upper age limit is 28 years.
Below are the category wise age relaxations
|SC/ST Candidates||5 Years|
|OBC Candidates (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|PH Candidates||10 Years|
|Divorced Women and widows||9 Years|
|People affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
- If you look at the upper age limit for OBC/SC/ST candidates, then they all are allowed on a cumulative basis. Within that part, age relaxation is permitted to these candidates.
- For all General Category and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) candidates, the maximum age limit is being specified in the application form.
- If you are trying to go for age relaxation for yourself, then for it, you need to submit all your necessary certificates. The certificates that you need to show to the authorities must be original when you are going to join or even during the recruitment process for IBPS.
- Ex-Servicemen who all are re-employed under the scheme of Central government will be applied to the Ex-Servicemen rules for all candidates who were all appearing IBPS.
- All the ex-Servicemen category candidates who all have got employment under the scheme of Central Government will be eligible for age relaxation. But for it, you must be got any job in the Group C category or Group D. Still, all those candidates will not get any benefits or eligible for the reservation for any Ex-Servicemen. If you are an Ex-Serviceman and now joined any government job under the civil side the for you all the benefits which you get as an Ex-servicemen or for re-employment or even given the status of ex-servicemen is governed by OM No. 36034/1/2014 Estd. That is dated 14th August 2014 Govt. Of India, Public Grievances and Pensions, Ministry of Personnel.
- If you are currently working with any defense force of India and want to apply for the Ex-servicemen category for IBPS, then you need to complete least one year since the date of receipt of application form for IBPS online. The time is 8th October 2020.
Candidate must have one of the below citizenships
- Indian Citizenship
- Nepal Citizenship
- Bhutan Citizenship
- A refugee of Tibetan
- Migrated people from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Vietnam & Ethiopia with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidates belonging to the abovesaid countries need to submit an eligibility certificate issued by the authorities recommended by the Govt. of India.
IBPS Clerk-2020 Reservation
Reservation for IBPS exam comes with the accordance with Section 34 for “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”. Under that act, the post in IBPS is given to a suitable person who comes under the categories of disabilities. The disability category is defined in the Schedule of RPWD Act 2016 and is notified with the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- For your information, there will be NO CHANGE of category at any stage of the registration for the online application of IBPS will be considered. All are subject to the guidelines from the Govt. of India. The candidates who are all applying for the CRP or even being shortlisted after the online exam will not mandatorily get employment in any of the participating organizations.
- There will be no consideration for any request that comes under the category.
Visual Impairment (“VI” Category)
If you want to apply the online application for IBPS under this category, then you need to satisfy any of the below criteria for it.
- If your optical power is less than 3/60 or 10/200 (Snellen) along with the better eye or even for the corrections. (or)
- You can go for the limitation of the field of vision or even for the subtending an angle, which is less than 40 degrees or up to 10 degrees.
- If you have lost all your sight. (or)
- If you have got the optical power or less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen). (or)
- If you have a limitation to the field of vision, which comes with an angle that is less than 10 degrees.
Hearing Impaired (“HI” Category)
- DEAF: If you are deaf and having a 70 DB loss for frequencies in a speech in both ears.
- A person got nearly 60 DB to 70 DB of hearing loss in speech and in both ears.
What are the guidelines for a disabled person for using a Scribe?
- If you are visually impaired, or even your writing speed is affected permanently for any reason, then you can bring your Scribe. The cost of a Scribe will be bear by you. But for bringing Scribe, there are rules to follow.
- The candidate who is visually challenging or speed affected will have to arrange their Scribe.
- The Scribe may belong to any academic stream.
- Along with the Scribe, the candidate must be suitable for the undertaking, which confirms the Scribe to fulfill all the stipulated criteria for all things.
- The candidates who all use to scribe will be eligible for all kinds of compensatory things, which include the 20 minutes or even an hour.
- The Scribe which you have hired must not be a candidate for the online examination for IBPS. If it was found that the rule is violated at any stage of the exam, then the paper of the candidate will stand canceled.
- The compensatory time will be given to those candidates who all are registered under this. No one will be allowed to go for the test after the time is passed.
3. Educational Qualification:
Participants must complete a Graduation Degree from any of the recognized universities of the state or central government by 12/09/2019.
- Candidates must have basic knowledge of the operating system
- He/She should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer operations
- Candidates should have studied Computer or information technology as one of the subjects in the school or Institute.
IBPS Clerk Application Form
All the candidates who are all preparing or will be appearing for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2020 will need to apply via online form. The date of release of form and other things will be notified via IBPS official website, and you need to apply before the last date.
There are some guidelines for it that you need to fill for the online application form. They are mentioned below.
- The filled form for the IBPS Clerk 2020 needs to be submitted through the online mode.
- All the application forms will start to be available on the official website.
- All the candidates must have got a valid email address and mobile number for the registration.
- You need to fill the form with details of yours correctly.
- You need to upload the scanned photo and signature within the given size.
- Pay for the exam via online or offline mode in banks.
- After submitting the form, you can take the printout for future reference.
Note: All the candidates are recommended to submit the form before the last date.
IBPS Clerk Application Fee:
- If you belong to SC/ST/ Ex-servicemen/PWD, then you need to pay Rs. 100.
- For all other candidates, you need to pay Rs. 600.
- You can pay the application fee via the online method or even Net Banking.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
For the IBPS Clerk exam 2020, the exam is scheduled to be held in two phases.
The first stage will be the Preliminary Exam and
The second phase is the Mains Exam.
The candidates who all are appearing for the exams need to qualify the preliminary exam and will be called for the appearing in IBPS Main exam.
All the questions that will come in the exam will in a bilingual way but not the English language section. The candidates who all will qualify will be allowed for the main exam.
Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, a deduction of 1/4 the marks will take place.
Issue of Admit card
If you are looking for the admit card for the IBPS Clerk exam 2020, then for you all, you need to visit the official website. All the candidates will get the admit card from there only. The information that is about the exam date and center will be there on the admit card. It is compulsory to bring the admit card in the examination.
IBPS Clerk Results 2020
After you given the exam, the results for the IBPS exam will be published on their official website. The results for both preliminary as well as Main exam will be announcing their only. The students who all will qualify in the preliminary exam will be appearing for the main exam. All the results will be declared in the given time, as it is mentioned earlier. So, it would be best if you keep on checking the website for the results.
IBPS Clerk Cut-off Score and Allotment for Provisional
All the candidates who are appearing for the exam are seen to be tense or need information about the cut-off marks for the qualification. To qualify in the exam, you need to get a minimum score in the exam, then in the section of the IBPS Main exam, you too need to score the marks in the same way.
After scoring the minimum mark, candidates will go for the provisional allotment, and all the marks must be the score in IBPS Main Exam for all final merit lists. If you want to secure the name in the merit list of IBPS, then the candidate will be scoring the high marks in the IBPS main examination as well.
After all that only, you will get the call letter from the IBPS so, for that you need to always keep in mind about the cut-off marks and need to perform like that in the IBPS preliminary exam and main exam.