PM desw.gov.in/scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2022-2023: Applications are invited from eligible wards (or) widows of Ex-servicemen and Ex-Indian Coast Guard faculty seeking professional Degree Courses.
The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs runs the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), is a scholarship scheme that aims at motivating elevated experienced and specialized schooling for the conditional districts and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & also Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and the State Police Personnel.
Instigated in the year 2006-2007, the PM scholarship scheme (PMSS) has by far impacted Round a lakhs of students and enabled them to seek their dream job with comfort.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2022 Apply Online at www.desw.gov.in/scholarship
DESW Scholarship 2022-2023: The Indian government has newly ratified substantial differences in the scholarship by increasing the scholarship amount for girls from INR 2,250 to INR 3,000 per month, and for boys from INR 2,000 to INR 2,500 per month.
Expanding to this, 500 recent scholarships will get the districts of State Police administrators who were or are martyred in Naxal or terror assaults.
|Rs. 2500/- per month
|Rs. 3000/- per month
Important Dates of DESW Scholarship:
|Applications Start Date
|3rd Week of August 2022
|End of Submitting Applications
|2nd Week of December 2022
|Verification of Applications by the College/University
|By the End of January 2023
|Verification of Applications by CAPFs & AR
|By the End of January 2023
|Preparation of Merit List and Lot Generation
|1st Week of February 2023
|Releasing of Scholarship Amount
|By the end of February 2023
|Sending Personal Letters to the Applicants from Honorable Prime Minister
|2nd Week of March 2023
All the above-mentioned dates are tentative, actual dates may vary. We will update the dates after the announcement of the fresh notification.
The crucial eligibility circumstances that you have to fulfill for this scholarship follows:
- You will have to be a conditional ward or widow of late CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR or retired persons and the serving CAPFs & AR or State Police Personnel.
- You have to be seeking professional courses illustrated in the list below. Important Note: Not acceptable for lateral admission and incorporated courses.
- The minimum education qualification to apply for the scheme should be a class 12 (or) diploma (or) graduation.
- The applicants should have attained at least 60% marks or above in the lowest academic qualification. (Note: For renewal in successive years, the applicants have to get at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
Video Guide to Apply for PM Scholarship Scheme
DESW Scholarship Rewards 2022 (for 10th & 12th Class)
When a whole of 5500 capable students (2750 boys & 2750 girls) gets benefited from this scheme every year, the amount of girls obtaining this scholarship is comparable to the number of boys receiving this scholarship.
|Reward per Month
|Reward per Year
|Rs. 2500/- per Month
|Rs. 30,000/- per Year
|Rs. 3000/- per Month
|Rs. 36,000/- per Year
Nonetheless, the quantity of prizes provided to girls is around INR 3,000 per month, and the amount of honor supplied to boys is around INR 2,500 per month, paid yearly.
In the last academic year, over 14,288 (Fresh & Renewal) students got benefited with Rs. 40 Crores Approximately.
So, the total scholarship that a male applicant receives per year is Rs. 30,000/- and Rs. 36,000/- in the case of female applicants.
Also, the length of the award may differ from one year to five years, being sure of your course length. Subtracting to this, more than 500 scholarships, 250 for boys, and 250 for girls will get the precincts of the State Police Personnel who are martyred during Naxal or Terror assaults from 2019-2020 onwards.
How your Rewards get Credited?
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to your bank account yearly through ECS.
- The applicant must have a savings bank account in any of the Nationalized Banks, few of them are
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India etc.,
- The account should be in an active state.
- Those who have minor accounts can shift it to a major account.
- Candidates must link their Aadhar Card to the bank account given.
Application Procedure at National Scholarship Portal
From the academic year 2019-2020 onwards the board is accepting applications from the National Scholarship Portal‘s website.
Go through the below steps to submit the application at the NSP website
Step 1: Visit the National Scholarship Portal Website (CLICK HERE)
Step-2: Click on the “New Registration” button at the top right corner
Step 3: A new page opens, go through the guidelines carefully and agree with all the terms and conditions, and click on the “Continue” button
Step-4: Fill up all the details and click on “Register“. You will get the Application ID and temporary password to your mobile number.
Step 5: Log in to the portal using Application ID and Password (LOGIN HERE)
Step-6: Change your password after the successful login
Step 7: Select the “PM Scholarship Scheme” from a list of scholarships
Step-8: Fill up the Application form and upload the scanned documents in the given sizes
Step 9: Submit the Application, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number
Step-10: Download the Acknowledgment for further use.
Guidelines for Registration at NSP’s Portal
The students who are applying for a Scholarship for the first time are needed to follow some guidelines to register themselves.
The students need to “register” on the registration portal as fresh applicants and continue to register following the steps given and insert accurate information as per their documents, which also need to be uploaded.
If the age of the student is less than 18 years on the day of the registration, the form must be filled by the parent or the Guardian of the student concerned.
These are the following documents that must be kept nearby while filling up the application form:
- All the necessary educational documents of the student.
- The Bank account details of the student.
Note: It is to be noted that, for a pre-matric scholarship scheme in which case the student does not have a bank account, the parent’s or Guardian’s bank account can be used. Although it must be noted that one bank account can only be used for a maximum of two children.
- Aadhar card of the student.
- If the student’s Aadhar card is not available, then a bona fide student certificate from the institute or school the student was in is required.
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook
- If the school or institute from where the student is in a different state, a bonafide student certificate is required.
Instructions to fill the Application Form
1. Date of Birth
Provide the date of Birth as provided in the student’s educational certificates
2. the State of Domicile
Domicile state means the state where the student has a permanent address.
It is to be noted that once allotted, under no circumstances will the domicile state be allowed to change.
If the domicile state is different from the state where the school/institute is located where the student studies, then a bonafide certificate needs to be given.
Another thing to be noted is that the domicile state is crucial because the Application ID given to the students, which also duplicates the Login ID, will be given according to the domicile state.
3. Scholarship Category
There are many categories of Scholarships, and the student needs to choose which category is relevant to them. Here are the categories of the Scholarship:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship scheme: This type of Scholarship is for the students studying from class 1 to class 10
- Post-Matric Scholarship: This scheme is for students who are studying in class 11, class 12, and above doing courses like B.Com, B.Sc, B.Tech, and ITI. Medical students, students studying in top colleges like IITs, and IIMs, and doing various professional and technical courses. This Scholarship is also called Top Class Scholarship and Merit Cum Means Scholarship.
4. Name of the Student
The students must provide names as given in their educational certificates.
If the student is applying for Post-Matric/Top Class or MCM Scholarship, then the name must be as given in their Aadhar card.
The students must ensure that their names on the Aadhar card are accurate.
5. Mobile Number
The students must provide their accurate phone numbers. This is because all the communication details, notifications, one-time passwords, and everything will be sent to the registered mobile number.
A few things to keep in mind:
- In the case of Post-matric or MCM or Top Class Scholarship, only one phone number per student is allowed.
- In the case of the Pre-Matric Scholarship, where the student does not have a mobile number, they can use their parent’s number to register. However, it must be noted that in this case, a maximum of two registrations, or rather a maximum of two children is allowed to use one number of their parents for registration.
6. Email ID
It is essential to provide a real and accurate Email-ID. This is because all communication details and One-time passwords related to the portal will be sent to the registered Email ID.
7. Bank Account Details
It is essential to provide accurate bank account numbers and the IFSC code of the bank branch. It is to be noted that the bank name will come automatically after inputting the IFSC code. In case the bank name does not come, write as mentioned in the bank passbook.
Another thing to keep in mind is that:
- In the case of Post-Matric Scholarship, or Top class or MCM Scholarship, only one bank account is permitted per student.
- In the case of the Pre-Matric Scholarship, where the student does not have a bank account can use their parent’s or Guardian’s bank account. It must be noted that a maximum of two children or students can use one bank account belonging to their parents.
8. Identification Details
It is essential to provide accurate information in this field. So read carefully and fill out the form accordingly.
- Aadhar Number: Students who have a valid Aadhar card are requested to enter their 12-digit Aadhaar number.
It is to be noted that only one Aadhar card is allowed per registration. After the student submits their registration form, their Aadhaar details will be cross-checked with the Aadhar records. If it is found that the student has multiple applications with the same Aadhar number, that student’s application will be rejected.
If there is any such case where a student does not have an Aadhar card, the student must submit a bonafide certificate from his or her School/institute where the student is studying in the prescribed Performa. Along with that, the student needs to submit a scanned copy of the first page of his or her bank’s passbook.
It is to be noted that the student’s Aadhaar number can be used to credit the scholarship amount to the bank linked with the Aadhar card in fast-track mode.
In case the student does not know how to link their bank account to their Aadhaar card to receive their Scholarship, please visit your bank’s branch and submit a “Bank consent form for receiving DBT“. It is possible to check which bank is linked with your Aadhaar number on NPCI mapper, which is: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper, or through an Aadhaar enabled micro-ATM machine of any such bank.
Here are a few essential things to consider:
- After the registration is complete, the candidate will receive the Login ID and Password to their registered mobile number for logging into the NSP portal. If the password isn’t accepted, then the forgot password option on the login page must be used.
- The scholarship application must have the “Annual Family Income” provided as per the Income Certificate provided by a competent authority.
Application Procedure for PMSS 2022-23 at KSB
Step 1: Visit Kendriya Sainik Board’s website (CLICK HERE)
Step-2: Click on the “Register” button as shown in the below image
Step 3: Go through the instructions carefully
Step-4: Fill up all the details in Part 1 & Part 2 application forms
Step 5: Submit the Application
PM Scholarship Scheme Application Form 2022 Download
Instructions to the Candidates for Filling Application Form:
- Candidates must read all the eligibility terms before filling out the application form. Irrelevant and inappropriate applications lead to rejection.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to go through the eligibility criteria
- Candidates must fill all the mandatory fields in the application form.
- Go through the list of documents that are needed to be uploaded and upload the documents with the given sizes only.
- Uploading improper/irrelevant documents will lead to the cancellation of the application.
- The information entered in the fields are cannot be modified or deleted. So, kindly make sure that the details entered in the fields are as per your documents.
- Enter the current mobile number and Email ID, all the updates and application progress alerts are sent to that number and email ID.
- Make sure you finish all the steps before you close the website. You will get an update through SMS after the completion of application process successfully.
Documents Required for PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2022
- Serving certificate issued by HOO
- Certificate issued by the State Government stating that the personnel was killed in Terror/Naxal attack
- Minimum Educational Qualification certificate (10+2 certificate / Graduation (All mark sheets) / Diploma (All semester mark sheets))
- The first page of the bank passbook (Only SBI and Punjab National Bank)
- Certificate from the bank indicating that the Aadhar Card is linked with the student’s bank account
- Bonafide certificate of the College/Institute
Criteria for Selection
The end-to-end commission and distribution of the strategy is put up with the care of by the Ministry of Home Affairs; the importance is provided to learners in the additional order –
Category A: The primary choice is provided to the districts and widows of CAPFs & AR faculty who were assassinated in prosecution.
Category B: The next intention is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR staff who got injured in litigation.
Category C: The third intention is provided to the wards and widows of late CAPFs & AR faculty who perished during their assistance for reasons attributable to Government assistance.
Category D: The next priority is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got injured during their assistance with disability attributable to Government assistance.
Category E: Furthermore, the importance is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR faculty who have obtained courage prizes.
Category F: The following tendency is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR faculty only PBOR.
Category G: finally, the importance will be provided to the districts of fulfilling the CAPFs & AR faculty (PBOR) topic to the availability of the scholarship.
Important Note: The subordinate districts of State Police Personnel who perished during Naxal or Terror assaults will also be provided appreciation.
All the selected candidates will receive personal letters from the Prime Minister.
Courses under DESW Scholarship
1. Technical Courses
|Name of the Course
|BS (Nautical Tech.)
|BS (Math & Science) (For IIT Only)
|B.Sc. (Computer System & Engineering)
|Name of the Course
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
|BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery)
|BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine Surgery)
|BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine Surgery)
|BVSc and AH (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Hospitality)
|BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
|Doctor of Pharmacy
|BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Theory)
|B.Sc. OT & AT
|B.Sc (Medical, Micro-Biology)
|B.Sc (Micro & Biology)
|B.Sc (Forensic Science)
3. Management Courses
|Name of the Course
|B.Sc. CA AND BM
|Name of the Course
|B. Sc. (Agriculture Marketing)
|B.Sc. in FAD
|B. Sc. (Media Technology)
|B. Sc. (Fashion and Lifestyle)
|B. Sc. (Computer Science)
|B. Voc. (Fashion, Design, and Retail)
|B. Voc. (Food Processing)
|BA.LLB (Integrated Course)
DESW Scholarship Renewal 2022
DESW Scholarship Renewal: The selected students will get the primary installment of the PM scholarship instantly after the excellence record is declared openly, the following expenditures are earned just if the learners pertain for the revival after the fulfillment of each educational year.
Just like the recent application, you can also be concerned about the resurrection online. Nonetheless, to be capable of the revival request, you must fulfill specific circumstances that include:
- You should attain at least 50% marks in every semester or educational year.
- You have to qualify for all the topics every year or semester in a single try.
The reasonable aspect about revival is that you can pertain for it within one year of the announcement of outcomes and the requests can be earned throughout the year but not for the months between January and April.
Documents Required for Renewal
Following are the documents required (scanned copies) to get your scholarship renewed
- Bonafide Certificate
- Original Marks memo of semester exams
- The first page of your Bank’s Pass Book
- Original Aadhar Card of the student
- Certificate from the Bank Manager stating the Aadhar Number linking with the account
PMSS Renewal Procedure:
- Enter the National Scholarship Portal’s website (CLICK HERE)
- At the top right of the page, there is a Login button.
- Place the cursor on that button, drop-down shows the following options Fresh 2022-23, Fresh 2020-21, Fresh 2018-19, Fresh 2017-18, Renewal 2021-22, Renewal 2019-20, Renewal 2018-19, Renewal 2017-18
- Select your academic year, a new page opens.
- Enter the following details and hit the Enter button
- Your Application ID
- Login Password
- CAPTCHA Code
- Your dashboard will be opened up.
- Click on Renew Scholarship button and enter the basic details
- Cross-check the details entered and hit the Submit button
DESW Scholarship Year-wise Beneficiaries
|No. of Applicants
|No. of Beneficiaries (Fresh)
DESW Scholarship Infographic
The below Infographic helps you understand the whole application process of the DESW Scholarship. Go through the image for the step-by-step process. Download the infographic by using the button below the image.
FAQs on PM Scholarship Scheme 2022-2023
Ans: No, You are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Ans: No, you should not apply again.
Ans: Previously the applications are received through the “Kendriya Sainik Board’s” website. From the academic year 2019-2020, the applications are invited through the National Scholarship Portal’s website. Check the Step by Step Procedure Here
Ans: No, all the applications are accepted online mode only.
Ans: No, you must take courses in India only.
Ans: You must secure at least 50% marks in your academics. Students who fail to get those marks are not allowed to renew the scholarship for the next academic year.
Ans: Step by step procedure has been provided in this article. Visit Renewal Section Here and check the required documents for the renewal process and submit them online.
Ans: No, the stipend will be paid annually directly to your bank account given at the time of application.
Ans: The duration of the scheme is depended on the duration of the course. The maximum duration is 5 years.
Ans: The scholarship amount is paid annually. Every year the candidates are needed to upload their semester exam mark sheets to get the scholarship amount.
Ans: In case a student fails to renew their scholarship for a particular academic year in the given time period, then their application will be closed permanently.
Ans: The candidate must get an aggregate of 50% or above in their semester exams. The scholarship gets closed in case the candidate fails to get 50% marks in the semester exams.
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory to get your Aadhar linked to the account.
Ans: If you are getting technical errors, you can contact Ph: 011-26715250 (Extension 215) & Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ans: No, Students who are pursuing or pursuing their higher education abroad are not eligible to get benefited from this scheme.
Ans: PM Scholarship Scheme (DESW Scholarship) can be applied through the National Scholarship Portal’s website. The login page of the website is https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage.
Ans: You can visit the DESW website at desw.gov.in/scholarship and get all the details related to the scholarship.
Ans: Till (June 2020) there is no official statement on the postponement of the dates. We will update you on the same if any. Do visit the page regularly for updated information on the PM Scholarship scheme.