PM desw.gov.in/scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2020-2021: Applications are invited from eligible wards (or) widows of Ex-servicemen and Ex-Indian Coast Guard faculty seeking skilled Degree Courses, recognized by the respective administration regulatory bodies as, (Mil, AICTE and UGC, etc.)
Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs runs the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), Government of India, is a scholarship scheme that aims at motivating elevated experienced and specialized schooling for the conditional districts and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & also Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and the State Police Personnel.
Instigated in the year 2006-2007, the PM scholarship scheme has by far impacted Round a lakhs of learners and enabled them to seek their dream job with comfort.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)-2020 Apply Online at desw.gov.in/scholarship
DESW Scholarship 2020-2021: The Indian government has newly ratified substantial differences in the scholarship by amending the scholarship quantity for girls will be around INR 2,250 to INR 3,000 per month, and the scholarship amount for boys will be from INR 2,000 to INR 2,500 per month.
Expanding to this, 500 recent scholarships will get the districts of State Police administrators who were or are martyred in Naxal or terror assaults.
|Male||Rs. 2500/- per month|
|Female||Rs. 3000/- per month|
Eligibility Criteria for PMSS 2020-2021
The crucial eligibility circumstances that you have to fulfill for this scholarship follows:
- You will have to be a conditional ward or widow of late CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR or retired persons and the serving CAPFs & AR or State Police Personnel.
- You have to be seeking professional courses illustrated in the list below. Important Note: Not acceptable for lateral admission and incorporated courses.
- The minimum education qualification to apply for these lessons should be class 12 or diploma or graduation.
- The applicants should have attained at least 60% marks or above in the lowest academic qualification. (Note: For renewal in successive years, the applicants have to get at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
PM Scholarship Scheme Rewards (for 10th & 12th Class)
When a whole of 5500 capable competitors (2750 boys & 2750 girls) gets benefited under this scheme every year, the amount of girls obtaining this scholarship is comparable to the number of boys receiving this scholarship.
|Gender||Reward per Month||Reward per Year|
|Male||Rs. 2500/- per Month||Rs. 30,000/- per Year|
|Female||Rs. 3000/- per Month||Rs. 36,000/- per Year|
Nonetheless, the quantity of prize provided to girls is around INR 3,000 per month, and the amount of the honor supplied to boys is around INR 2,500 per month, paid yearly.
So, the total scholarship that a male applicant receives per year is Rs. 30,000/- and Rs. 36,000/- in case of female applicants.
Also, the length of the award may differ from one year to five years, being sure of your course length. Subtracting to this, more 500 scholarships, 250 for boys and 250 for girls will get the precincts of the State Police Personnel who are martyred during Naxal or Terror assaults from 2019-2020 onwards.
How your Rewards get Credited?
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to your bank account yearly.
- The applicant must have a savings bank account in any of the Nationalized Banks, few of them are
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India etc.,
- The account should be in an active state.
- Those who have minor accounts can shift it to a major account.
- Candidates must link their Aadhar Card to the bank account given.
Important Dates: PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021
|Applications Start Date||1st Week of November 2020|
|End of Submitting Applications||2nd Week of December 2020|
|Verification of Applications by the College/University||By the end of December 2020|
|Verification of Applications by CAPFs & AR||Till 2nd week of January 2021|
|Preparation of Merit List and Lot Generation||Till 3rd week of January 2021|
|Releasing of Scholarship Amount||By the end of February 2021|
|Sending Personal Letters to the Applicants from Honorable Prime Minister||2nd Week of March 2021|
Courses under PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021
1. Technical Courses under PMSS
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course Duration|
|1||B. Tech.||4 Years|
|5||BS (Nautical Tech.)||4 Years|
|6||BS (Math & Science) (For IIT Only)||4 Years|
|7||B.Sc. (Computer System & Engineering)||3 Years|
|8||B.Sc. (Bio Technology)||3 Years|
Medical Courses under PMSS
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course Duration|
|2||BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||5 Years|
|3||BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery)||4.5 Years|
|4||BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine Surgery)||4.5 Years|
|5||BSMS (Bechalor of Sidha Medicine Surgery)||4.5 Years|
|7||B.Sc., BPT||4 Years|
|8||B.Sc. MLT||4 Years|
|9||BVSc and AH (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Hospitality)||5 Years|
|10||B. Pharmacy||4 Years|
|11||B.Sc. Nursing||4 Years|
|12||BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science)||5 Years|
|13||Doctor of Pharmacy||4 Years|
|14||B.Sc. Optometry||3 Years|
|15||BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Theory)||4.5 Years|
|16||Pharm D||4 Years|
|18||B.Sc. OT & AT||3 Years|
|19||B.Sc (Medical, Micro-Biology)||3 Years|
|20||B.Sc (Micro & Biology)||3 Years|
|22||B.Sc (Forensic Science)||3 Years|
|23||B.Sc (Optometry)||3 Years|
3. Management Courses under PMSS
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course Duration|
|8||B.Sc. CA AND BM||4 Years|
|9||B.Sc. HHA||3 Years|
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course Duration|
|1||B.Sc. (Forestry)||4 Years|
|2||BF Sc.||4 Years|
|4||B. Plan.||4 Years|
|5||B.Sc. Agriculture||4 Years|
|6||B. Design||4 Years|
|8||B. Sc. (Agriculture Marketing)||3 Years|
|10||B.Sc. (Horticulture)||3 Years|
|11||B.Sc. in FAD||3 Years|
|15||B. Sc. (Media Technology)||3 Years|
|16||B. Sc. (Fashion and Lifestyle)||3 Years|
|17||B. Sc. (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|19||B. Voc. (Fashion, Design and Retail)||3 Years|
|20||B. Voc. (Food Processing)||3 Years|
|21||BA.LLB (Integrated Course)||3 Years|
|22||B. Ed.||2 Year|
|23||BP Ed.||1 Year|
PMSS-2020 Application at National Scholarship Portal’s (NSP) Website
Step 1: Visit the National Scholarship Portal Website (CLICK HERE)
Step 2: Click on “New Registration“
Step 3: Go through the guidelines carefully and agree with all the terms and conditions, and click on the “Continue” button
Step 4: Fill up all the details and click on “Register“. You will get the Application ID and temporary password to your mobile number.
Step 5: Log in to the portal using Application ID and temporary Password (LOGIN HERE)
Step 6: Change your password after the successful login
Step 7: Fill up all the required details and upload scanned documents
Step 8: Submit the Application
Application Procedure for PMSS-2020 at KSB
Step 1: Visit Kendriya Sainik Board’s website (CLICK HERE)
Step 2: Click on the “Register” button as shown in the below image
Step 3: Go through the instructions carefully
Step 4: Fill up all the details in Part 1 & Part 2 application forms
Step 5: Submit the Application
PM Scholarship Scheme Application Form-2020 Download
Instructions to the Candidates for Filling Application Form:
- Candidate must read all the eligibility terms before filling the application form. Irrelevant and in-appropriate applications are lead to rejection.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to go through the eligibility criteria
- Candidate must fill all the mandatory fields in the application form.
- Go through the list of documents that are needed to be uploaded and upload the documents with the given sizes only.
- Uploading improper/irrelevant documents will lead to the cancellation of the application.
- The information entered in the fields are cannot be modified or deleted. So, kindly make sure that the details entered in the fields are as per your documents.
- Enter the current mobile number and Email ID, all the updates and application progress alerts are sent to that number and email ID.
- Make sure you finish all the steps before you close the website. You will get an update through SMS after the completion of the application process successfully.
Documents Required for PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)-2020
- Serving certificate issued by HOO
- Certificate issued by the State Government stating that the personnel was killed in Terror/Naxal attack
- Minimum Educational Qualification certificate (10+2 certificate / Graduation (All mark sheets) / Diploma (All semester mark sheets))
- The first page of the bank passbook (Only SBI and Punjab National Bank)
- Certificate from the bank indicating that the Aadhar Card is linked with the student’s bank account
- Bonafide certificate of the College/Institute
Criteria for Selection
The end-to-end commission and distribution of the strategy is put up with the care of by the Ministry of Home Affairs; the importance is provided to learners in the additional order –
Category A: The primary choice is provided to the districts and widows of CAPFs & AR faculty who were assassinated in prosecution.
Category B: The next intention is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR staff who got injured in litigation.
Category C: The third intention is provided to the wards and widows of late CAPFs & AR faculty who perished during their assistance for reasons attributable to Government assistance.
Category D: The next priority is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got injured during their assistance with disability attributable to Government assistance.
Category E: Furthermore, the importance is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR faculty who have obtained courage prizes.
Category F: The following tendency is provided to the districts of Ex-CAPFs & AR faculty only PBOR.
Category G: finally, the importance will be provided to the districts of fulfilling the CAPFs & AR faculty (PBOR) topic to the availability of the scholarship.
Important Note: The subordinate’s districts of State Police Personnel who perished during Naxal or Terror assaults will also be provided appreciation.
All the selected candidates will receive personal letters from the Primi Minister.
PMSS Renewal-2020 (for 10th & 12th Passed)
The selected scholars only will get the primary installment of the PM scholarship instantly after the excellence record is declared openly, the following expenditures are earned just if the learners pertain for the revival after the fulfillment of each educational year.
Just like the recent application, you can also concern the resurrection online. Nonetheless, to be capable of the revival request, you must fulfill specific circumstances that include:
- You should attain at least 50% marks in every semester or educational year.
- You have to qualify all the topics every year or semester in a single try.
The reasonable aspect about revival is that you can pertain for it within one year of the announcement of outcomes and the requests can be earned throughout the year but not for the months between January and April.
Documents Required for PMSS Scholarship Renewal
Following are the documents (scanned copies) required to get your scholarship renewed
- Bonafide Certificate
- Original Marks memo of semester exams
- The first page of your Bank’s Pass Book
- Original Aadhar Card of the student
- Certificate from the Bank Manager stating the Aadhar Number linking with the account
PMSS Scholarship Renewal Procedure:
- Enter the National Scholarship Portal’s website (CLICK HERE)
- At the top right of the page, you will find the Login button.
- Place the cursor on that button, drop-down shows the following options
- Fresh 2019-20
- Fresh 2018-19
- Fresh 2017-18
- Renewal 2019-20
- Renewal 2018-19
- Renewal 2017-18
- Select your academic year, a new page will be opened up.
- Enter the following details and hit the Enter button
- Your Application ID
- Login Password
- CAPTCHA Code
- Your dashboard will be opened up.
- Click on Renew Scholarship button and enter the basic details
- Cross-check the details entered and hit the Submit button
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PMSS
Ans: No, You are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Ans: No, you should not apply again.
Ans: Previously the applications are received through the “Kendriya Sainik Board’s” website. From the academic year 2019-2020, the applications are invited through the National Scholarship Portal’s website. Check the Step by Step Procedure Here
Ans: No, all the applications are accepted through online mode only.
Ans: No, you must take courses in India only.
Ans: You must secure at least 50% marks in your academics.
Ans: Step by step procedure has been provided in this article. Visit Renewal Section Here.
Ans: No, the stipend will be paid annually directly to your bank account given at the time of application.
Ans: The duration of the scheme is depended on the duration of the course. The maximum duration is 5 years.
Ans: The scholarship amount is paid annually. Every year the candidates are needed to upload their semester exam mark sheets to get the scholarship amount.
Ans: In case a student fails to renew their scholarship for a particular academic year in the given time period, then their application will be closed permanently.
Ans: The candidate must get an aggregate of 50% or above in their semester exams. The scholarship gets closed in case the candidate fails to get 50% marks in the semester exams.
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory to get your Aadhar linked to the account.
Ans: If you are getting technical errors, you can contact Ph: 011-26715250 (Extension 215) & Email ID: email@example.com
Ans: No, Students who are pursuing or pursued their higher education abroad are not eligible to get benefited from this scheme.
Ans: PM Scholarship Scheme (DESW Scholarship) can be applied through the National Scholarship Portal’s website. The login page of the website is https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage.
Ans: You can visit the DESW website at desw.gov.in/scholarship and get all the details related to the scholarship.