UPSC Civils Exam Eligibility Criteria:
About UPSC Civils Exam: Civil Services Exam is one of the most competitive exams in the county conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The few most popular services under this exam are listed below.
IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
IPS (Indian Police Service)
IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
IRS (Indian Revenue Service)
The filtering process is carried out in 3 stages
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview
And the educational qualification required to apply for the exam is graduate degree from any of the recognized University/Institution with a minimum percentage of marks.
Curious candidates can check the other eligibility criteria like Nationality, Age limit, Educational Qualification, No. of attempts, etc., in the below section.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civils Exam:
- For IAS & IPS, the candidates must have the Indian citizenship
- Apart from the above services for all other services candidates should have any of the below requirements
- Indian Citizenship (or)
- A citizen of Nepal country or a subject of Bhutan (or)
- A Candidate from other countries (Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Vietnam) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification for UPSC Civils:
- Applicants must complete their degree from any of the recognized universities/Institutions by the state or central government.
Age Limit UPSC Civils:
|PH Candidates||No Upper Age Limit|
Number of Attempts for UPSC Civils (Category wise):
|Category||No. of Attempts|
|SC/ST||Unlimited (Up to the age of 37 Years)|
Note 1: Candidates who apply for the prelims exam and appear in the exam will be counted as 1 attempt (Doesn’t matter whether you qualify, disqualify or cancel the exam).
Note 2: Candidates who apply for the prelims exam and fail to attend the exam will not count as an attempt.
|No. of People apply for the exam (Average)||9 – 10 Lakh|
|Approximate No. of people appear in the prelims exam||5 – 7 Lakh|
|Mains Exam||Depends on the qualified people in the prelims exam|
|Average No. of Vacancies||500 – 1200|
Other Useful Articles about UPSC Civils:
Check out the related articles that help you in Civils Preparation.