GUJCET 2020: The Gujarat Common Entrance Test is an annual recurring program organized by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB).
It is the common entrance test for the admission into Engineering & Pharmacy courses.
Latest News: The GSHSEB has extended the last date for application filling till 31st July 2020. And the revised exam dates are scheduled between 22nd & 24th August 2020.
Go through the article for filling Application Form and download the GUJCET Admit Card.
GUJCET 2020 (Exam Dates, Application Form & Hall Tickets)
The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board is the conducting authority of GUJCET exam every year. The schedule for the GUJCET 2020 has been released in the month of January 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country, the initial schedule was canceled and the board has announced the fresh dates.
As of now, the board has extended the application filling dates and also announced the exam dates.
The latest dates from the board are tabulated below.
GUJCET 2020 Important Dates
|Start Date for Application Submission
|21st January 2020
|Last Date for Application Submission
31st July 2020
|New Dates for Application Submission (Re-Opened)
|18th to 31st July 2020
|Release of Admit Cards
|12th August 2020
|GUJCET Exam Dates
|22nd to 24th August 2020
|Release of Result
|September 2020 (Tentative)
The applicants of GUJCET exam must fulfill the following eligibility factors
- The applicants must have an Indian Citizenship
- Must be a domicile of Gujarat State
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years
- Must have passed 12th class from GSHSEB or CBSE or CISCE or NIOS boards
- The candidates must score at least 45% marks (40% for reserved categories) in 12th class in science stream
GUJCET 2020 Application Process
Recently the GSHSEB has extended the application submission deadline till 31st of July 2020. The students who have not applied for the GUJCET exam can utilize this opportunity.
The below step-by-step process help you to finish the application process.
New Candidate Registration:
The initial step to do is registering on the official portal.
- Go to the official website of GUJCET 2020 (www.gujcet.gseb.org)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Just below the Login button, there is a link titled “New Candidate Registration“, click on it
- A new page opens with the registration form
- Fill the form with following details
- Student Name (As per the Certificates)
- Guardian Name
- Mobile Number (For alerts & further communication)
- Email ID
- Create a Password
- The password must be at least 8 characters
- Hit the register button to finish
Now, you are done with the candidate’s registration. The next thing to do is log in to the website.
The Registered Mobile Number/ Email ID and Passwords are the required credentials to login to the page.
- Visit the same website www.gujcet.gseb.org
- The login form appears on the home page itself
- Enter the registered Email ID or Mobile Number and Password
- Enter the CAPTCHA code given in the image
- Hit the Login button to enter the dashboard
After logging into the dashboard, the next process is paying the application fee.
Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 300/- through online mode at the official website.
The below procedure help you finish the payment process.
- After logging in to the website, click on the Fee Payment link
- Choose any of the following payment methods to pay the fee
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Take a print of the payment acknowledgment
GUJCET Application Form:
This is the final step to finish the registration process. Before going to this step, candidates have to scan the following documents in the given sizes.
Required Documents & its Sizes:
|Passport Size Photograph
|JPG (120px X 120px)
|< 50 KB
|JPG (120px X 120px)
|< 50 KB
- Login to the GUJCET website with your credentials
- Enter the candidate’s name and Date of Birth as per the certificates
- Fill the form with other educational and personal details
- Upload the Photograph and Signature in the given sizes
- Cross-check the details entered in the form before submitting
- Submit the form & take a print of acknowledgment
- Now, you are done with the application process
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The GUJCET exam is conducted in offline mode for both Engineering & Medical streams. The paper consists of 120 questions and each question carries 1 mark.
The questions are given in three languages Gujarati, Hindi & English.
The duration of the exam is 180 minutes for all subjects.
|Offline (Pen-Paper based)
|Gujarati, Hindi & English
|Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
|Biology/ Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
|+1 for Each Right Answer
-0.25 for Each Wrong Answer
GUJCET Admit Card 2020
As per the latest announcement from the board, the GUJCET admit cards are available online from 12th August 2020 onward. The candidates who have applied for GUJCET Exam 2020 can download the admit card on the official website.
The admit cards can be downloaded by entering the login credential at the portal.
Not aware of downloading the admit card?
Go through the below procedure.
- Visit the official website of GUJCET (Visit Here)
- Login to the portal by entering your Mobile Number/ Email ID & Password
- Click on the GUJCET Admit Card in the dashboard
- The Admit Card opens in a new page
- Download it and take a print out
- Admit Card is a mandatory document to carry to the exam hall
Instructions to the Candidates
- It is mandatory to carry the GUJCET Admit Card to the exam hall, without which no candidate is allowed to write the exam
- Carry any of the following original document to the exam hall as a proof of identity
- Aadhar Card
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PAN Card
- The GUJCET exam is an offline based exam (pen-paper based) conducted at 34 exam centers across the state
- Candidates have to carry the necessary stationery items to the exam hall
- It is advisable to visit the exam center a day before the day of examination
- Try to reach the exam center at least 1 hour before the commencement of the exam