Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities: The Government of India has introduced the Scholarship for Top Class Education students in the year 2015.
The scholarship was organized by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
The shortlisted candidates will get benefits of Fee Reimbursement, Laptop expenses, Maintenance Allowances, Special Allowances, etc.,
Interested Candidates can Apply on the NSP website.
Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
The students who are pursuing Diploma/ Graduation/ Postgraduation courses in any of the recognized Universities/ Colleges can apply for the scholarship.
The deadline to apply for the Top Class Education Scholarship is 15th December 2021.
Check the Eligibility Criteria and Apply online now.
The students who want to apply for the Top Education Scholarship have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be a Citizen of India
- Must be pursuing any of the UG/ PG/ Diploma course in recognized University/ College
- The candidate should have minimum of 40% disability
- He/She must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship
- Family’s annual income must not exceed Rs. 6,00,000/- per annum
- Not more than 2 children from the same parents are eligible to apply for the scheme
- The candidate must not apply for the second time for this scholarship
Benefits of Scholarship
The selected candidates will get the following benefits
- Fee Reimbursement of up to Rs. 2 Lakh or actual fee (whichever is lower) paid to the College/ Institution
- Maintenance allowance of Rs. 3000/- per month for Hostellers
- The Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 1500/- per month for Day Scholars
- Special Allowance of Rs. 2000/- per month
- Books & Stationery Allowance of Rs. 5000/- per annum
- Reimbursement of Expenses for purchasing a Computer with Accessories up to Rs. 30,000/- (one-time grant)
- Reimbursement of Expenses for purchasing aids and assistive devices up to Rs. 30,000/- (one-time grant)
Aids & Assistive Devices Include:
The students can buy any of the following devices and apply for Reimbursement. The Govt. will provide a one-time grant of up to Rs. 30,000/-.
- Brailer Typewriter
- DAISY Recorder & Player
- Laptop with Screen Reading Software
- Talk Software for Mobile Phone Accessory
- Laptop with Screen Magnification Software
- Cell Phone with SMS Sim Card
- Laptop with Wi-Fi Facility
- Binaural Digital Programmable Hearing aid with Provision for button cells
- Address and ID Proof (Aadhar Card)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Bank Passbook/ Account Details
- Disability Certificate
- Previous Year’s Certificates
- Present Year Fee Receipt
- Latest Income Certificate
How to Apply for Top Class Education Scholarship 2022
The application process for the academic year 2022-23 was started. Interested and eligible students can now apply online on the official website.
Below is the step-by-step procedure to submit the application online.
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (VISIT HERE)
- If you are a first time user, hit the New Registration button
- Existing users can Login to the portal directly without any registration
- Enter the following details in the form to get registered
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Name of the Student
- Scheme Type
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Bank Account Details
- ID Card Number
- Captcha Code
- Cross check the details and hot the Register button
- After finishing the registration process, login to the portal and submit the application
FAQ on Top Class Education Scholarship 2022
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for the scheme. The students who have taken admission into UG/ Diploma/ PG courses are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Ans: There is no Application Fee for this Scholarship. Eligible Candidates can apply on the NSP website for free.
Ans: No, the minimum disability percentage required for the scholarship is 40%.
Ans: No, the Government will give only 30000 Rupees for Laptop/ Computer. The additional amount should be paid by the student/ parent.
Ans: The application process ends on the 15th December 2021 for the academic year 2022-2023.
Apply for Other Scholarships: