Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities: The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Post-Matric Scholarship. The scholarship is funded by the Government of India under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The deadline is closing soon, eligible candidates can apply online soon.
- Last Date for Submitting Application: 15th December 2021
- Defective Verification: 31st December 2021
- Institute Verification: 31st December 2021
Check the detailed notification in the below sections.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2022
The students with disabilities and pursuing above class 11 can apply for the “Post Matric Scholarship for Disabilities”. The shortlisted students will get a monthly maintenance allowance, disability allowance, book allowances, and tuition fee for the course.
The last date for submitting the application ends on the 15th of December 2021.
The candidates who want to apply for the Post Matric Scholarship must fulfil the following eligibility factors.
- The student must have passed his/ her matriculation/ equivalent exam in the any of the recognized schools
- The annual income of the family must not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-
- The candidates should have 40% or more disability (The respective proof of disability is required at the time of application)
- Must be enrolled for higher education courses from 11th class to PG
- Only two children with disabilities from the same parents are eligible. The thirs applicant is not eligible.
- The applicant should not be the beneficiary of any other scholarships
- The students who are employed can also apply for the scheme if their salary doesn’t exceed the scholarship amount
Want to know more about the scheme?
Contact our Support Team using below button.
Documents Required for Post Matric Scholarship for Disability Students
The following are the mandatory documents that are needed to be uploaded at the time of application submission.
- The Certificate of Disability
- Proof of Income (Latest)
- 10th or equivalent exam pass certificate
- Previous year’s marks sheet
- Tuition Fee Receipt
- Passport Size Photograph of the Applicant
- Date of Birth Certificate
The shortlisted candidates will get the following benefits.
- Monthly Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 1600/-
- Book & Stationary Allowance of Rs. 1500/- per year
- Disability Allowance of Rs. 4000/- per year
- Fee Reimbursement of Rs. 1.5 Lakh per year
How to Apply?
The eligible and interested candidates can submit the application on National Scholarship Portal official website. Refer te below lines for procedure.
- Visit the official webiste of NSP (VISIT HERE)
- If you are a new user, use the New User Registration button
- Read all the instructions carefully and get all the required documents scanned
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and agree all the terms and conditions
- Hit the Continue button
- Enter the basic details like Name, Category, Bank details, etc and hit the Register Button
- Now you are done with the Registration Process
- Lgin to the same website and select the type of Scholarship in the dashboard
- Fill the form and upload the above-listed documents
- Submit the Application
The List of Eligible Disabilities for Post Matric Scholarhip
The students with the following disabilities are eligible for the scheme.
- Leprosy-cured person
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotor Disability
- Mental Illness
- Mental Retardation
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Chronic Neurological Conditions
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Speech & Language Disability
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Multiple Disabilities Including Deaf Blindness
- Acid Attack Victioms
- Parkinson’s Disease
FAQ on Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disability
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for the scheme. The minimum disability required to be eligible is 40%.
Ans: The students who got selected for Post Matric scholarship will get Monthly allowances, Book Allowances, Disability Allowances along with the tuition fee.
Ans: 15th December 2021 is the last date to submit the application for Post Matric Disability Scholarship 2022.
Ans: No, only those who finished the 10th or equivalent study are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Ans: All the eligible students have to submit the application on the NSP Portal (National Scholarship Portal). The step-by-step procedure was given on this page.
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to apply for the scheme, if you have 40% disability and have finished the 10th standard.