Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2020: There are multiple scholarship schemes in the name of our former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. The sponsors of the scholarships are as follow
- Foreign Universities
- State Governments
- Central Government and
- Private Organizations
These scholarships are beneficial to the students studying from school level to the Ph.D.
Applications are invited for the academic year 2020-2021. Interested candidates can find a suitable scheme and submit the application online. We have provided brief information about all the 8 scholarships.
The primary aim of all these schemes is to fulfill the dream of our former president i.e., “100 percent literacy in India“.
Go through all the schemes listed below and submit the application if you meet the eligibility factors.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships 2020
Below are the top scholarship programs in the name of our former President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. All the schemes are explained in brief.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
- Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship
- President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships (Jamia Millia Islamia)
- AcSIR Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program
- APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala
- Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
1. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2020
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards-2020: This program is organized by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) under the umbrella of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
This scheme was introduced in the year 2008. The aim of the scheme is to discover the innovation and creativity in the children under the 12th class and to encourage them.
Students have to submit their own creative and technological ideas that simplify the day to day life. The NIF will announce the awards on the birthday occasion of our former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
|Name of the Scheme||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards|
|Conducting Organization||National Innovation Foundation under the Dept. of Science & Technology|
|Funds||Government of India|
|No. of Ideas Submitted till date||1,54,500|
|Eligibility||Up to Class 12 or under the age of 17 years|
|Application Month||April to August|
|Announcement of Awards||15th of October Every Year|
- All the students pursuing under 12th class are eligible to participate in this program
- Children under the age of 17 years (in or out of the school) are also eligible to participate.
How to Apply?
There are 3 ways to send your concept/ idea.
1. Through an E-mail
Send your concept in detail to the official email ID firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Send through Post
You can also send your application through the post to below address
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards (Year)
National Innovation Foundation – India
Grambharti, Amrapur, Gandhinagar-Mahudi Road,
3. Online Application
Applications can also be submitted online at the official website of the National Innovation Foundation.
Below is the step by step procedure to submit your idea
- Visit the web portal of the NIF www.nif.org.in (Visit Here)
- On the right side of the menu section, you will find the button “SUBMIT IDEA“, click on it.
- A dropdown with the “IGNITE” button has been shown, click on it.
- You will be taken to a new page
- Enter your details and write about your idea/concept in-detail
- Submit the form
- Your application has been submitted successfully
- Wait for the announcement date (15th October)
2. Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2020-2021
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship-2020: This fellowship program is organized by the “Indian National Academy of Engineering” (INAE). The aim of the scheme is to discover and to encourage the engineers in their research.
The validity of the scheme is for 3 years initially, based on the performance it can be extended for 2 more years. So, the maximum validity of the fellowship is 5 years.
Note: The applications are invited throughout the year
Summary of the Scheme:
|Name of the Fellowship||Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship|
|Provider||Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 25000/- per month|
|Research Grant||Rs. 15,00,000/- per year|
|No. of Fellowships||10 Fellowships per year|
- The Indian Nationals working in India in the engineering profession
- The candidate should have a satisfactory qualification and should hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- The applicant should have at least 5 years of experience in the parent organizations
- He/She should not hold other fellowships
- Fellowship amount of Rs. 25000/- is provided monthly
- Rs. 15,00,000/- (Fifteen Lakh Rupees) will be provided every year towards the Research Grant
- An overhead of Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum will be provided
Note: The fellowship provided is taxable as per the Govt. norms.
Last Date to Apply:
The last date to submit your nomination form for the academic year 2020-2021 is 30th June 2020.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can submit their application by downloading the Nomination Form at the official website.
Below is the step by step process to download the Nomination Form and to submit the filled form.
- Go to the official website of INAE here
- Go to the menu section and choose Fostering Engineering > Research & Innovation > Schemes > Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
- On the middle of the page, there is a Read More button, click on it
- A new page will be opened up. Scroll down the page to the bottom.
- Click on the “Download Nomination Form” button
- Fill out the form and send it to the below address
Address: Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
6th Floor, Unit No. 604-609, SPAZE I-Tech Park,
Tower A, Sector 49, Sohna Road, Gurgaon – 122018
3. Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship-2020
Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the University of Sydney, Australia to the International students to pursue undergraduate courses in the Faculty of Engineering.
The selected students will get the scholarship amount of 50% of the tuition fee. Only International students are eligible to apply for this scheme.
|Name of the Scholarship||Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship|
|Sponsor||The University of Sydney, Australia|
|Applications Start Date||May 2020|
|Closing of Application Submission||June 2020|
|Scholarship Amount||Half of the Tuition Fee|
- The applicant must be an International Student
- Must have an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 98 or above
- Unconditional offer to study an undergraduate course in the faculty of Engineering
The shortlisted candidates will get a benefit of half of the tuition fee amount as a scholarship.
The scholarship is provided for 1 year only. No other amount will be given extra.
The maximum scholarship amount provided to the students is 23,250 AUD
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates can follow the below procedure to submit the application.
- Visit the official website of the University of Sydney (Visit Here)
- At the end of the page, you will find the Application button, click on it.
- Fill all the details and upload the necessary documents
- Cross-check the details entered and Submit the Application
4. President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020
President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020: This scholarship is being offered by the University of South Florida in the name of Shri APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India. This scholarship is offered to the Indian students who completed their postgraduation and willing to do a Ph.D. at the University of South Florida.
The shortlisted students will get a fellowship amount of full tuition fees for 4 years.
|Name of the Fellowship||President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship|
|Sponsor||University of South Florida|
|Fellowship Amount||Total Tuition Fee (up to 4 Years)|
|Stipend Amount||22,000 USD (8000 USD + 8000 USD + 6000 USD)|
|Application Last Date||3rd February 2020|
Eligible Courses for the Scholarship:
- Applied Physics
- Applied Anthropology
- Business Ph.D. Programs
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
- The candidate must have submitted an application to USF to pursue a Ph.D. in any of the above-mentioned subjects.
- He/She must have a USF ID
- The applicant must have completed the graduation in any of the Indian University
Benefits of the Scheme:
The shortlisted candidates will get the following benefits
- Total tuition fee (up to 4 years)
- A stipend of USD 22,000 payable in 3 installments
- Health Insurance for the Candidate
- Fellowship Form (Get Here)
- A letter briefing your interest in the fellowship and the course
- Your CV
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Successful Students who got Fellowship:
|Academic Year||Name of the Applicant||University|
|2018-2019||Arjun Kadian||University of Pune|
|2017-2018||Veena Subramanian||Indian Institue of Science, Bangalore|
|2016-2017||Avijit Sengupta||IIT Bombay|
How to Apply?
- Visit the Registration page of the University of South Florida here
- Fill up all the basic details and click on the “Create a New Account” button
- A University ID will be generated
- Download the Fellowship Form Here
- Fill up all the fields in the form and attach all the above-mentioned documents in single PDF file
- Send the documents to email@example.com
5. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (Jamia Millia Islamia University)
Jamia Millia Islamia Abdul Kalam Scholarship-2020: This scholarship is provided by Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi to provide financial assistance to the undergraduate and postgraduate students of the university.
Students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses at JMI University can utilize this opportunity.
The eligibility, required documents, and application procedure have been provided below.
|Name of the Scholarship||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship|
|Provider||Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi|
|Eligible Students||Undergraduate & Postgraduate students at JMIU|
|Family’s Annual Income||Must be less than 2 Lakh per annum|
|Reservation for Female Candidates||50%|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 10,000/- per annum|
The interested candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get the scholarship.
- The applicant must belong to the Jamia Millia Islamia University
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidates pursuing their UG or PG courses at JMIU are eligible
- The candidates must have an attendance percentage of 75% or above
- The family’s annual income must not be more than Rs. 2,00,000/-
- Must have passed 12th class
- 50% of the scholarships are reserved for the female candidates
- Student’s ID Card of the University
- School-leaving certificate
- Income Certificate
- Final Marks memo of the last examination
- Death certificate of Father / Mother (In case of death)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can follow the below procedure to apply for the scholarship.
- Download the Application form (Download Here)
- Fill up all the details
- Submit the application form in the office of the Dean along with the above-mentioned documents
6. AcSIR Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program-2020
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program-2020: The sponsor of this fellowship program is the “Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research“. The duration of the program is 2 months. This is a great opportunity to work at the CSIR research centers along with the scientists of India.
This program is conducted between the months of May & August every year. The selected students are required to stay at the CSIR campus during the course period.
|Name of the Program||AcSIR Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program|
|Sponsor||Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research|
|No. of Fellowships||20|
|Course Duration||2 months (Between May & August)|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Travel Allowance||up to Rs. 5,000/-|
|Application Start Date||November|
|Application End Date||December|
|Declaration of Result||March|
- Candidates pursuing 1st year of M.Sc or equivalent courses (Must get first-class marks at pre-M.Sc.)
- 3rd to Pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc. course
- The candidates pursuing 1st year of M.Tech/ ME or equivalent
- 3rd Year of BE/B.Tech or equivalent
- Candidate pursuing 3rd to pre-final year of ME/M.Tech. integrated course
- The shortlisted candidates will get a fellowship amount of Rs. 25000/- for the entire duration.
- Up to Rs. 5000/- is provided towards the travel allowance
- Applications Start Date: November
- Last Date of Application Submission: December
- Interview Selection: March
- Result: March
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of AcSIR here
- On the top of the page, click on the Register Now button
- Go through the instructions carefully
- Fill out all the details
- Submit the Application
7. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala 2020
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala-2020: This scholarship is provided by the Government of Kerala under the Department of Minority Welfare. The students belonging to the minority communities and pursuing Diploma courses are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Status on APJAK Scholarship, Kerala Notification 2020:
14th May 2020: The APJAK Scholarship notification for the academic year 2020-2021 is not yet released. Expected to be released in the month of August 2020.
|Name of the Scholarship Program||APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala|
|Sponsor||Government of Kerala|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 6000/- per annum|
|Applications Start Date||August|
|Last Date for the Application Submision||September|
- The applicant must belong to Kerala state
- Candidates must be from the following minority communities
- The family’s income must be less than Rs. 8,00,000/- per annum
- The applicant must be pursuing the diploma course at Govt./aided/Self Financing colleges
- The applicant must be in merit seat
How to Apply?
- Go to the website of the Department of Minority Welfare (Visit Here)
- There you can see a list of scholarships
- Click on “APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK)“
- The scholarship details will be displayed on the screen
- On the right side of the page, you will find the link “Apply Online“, click on it
- Fill up the form and upload the necessary documents
- Click on the Submit button
- Your application has been submitted successfully
8. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship-2020
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship-2020: This program is introduced by the “United States-India Educational Foundation” for the students doing the research on Resources Identification in the country. The primary aim of the program is to exchange knowledge on climate change in both countries.
|Name of the Fellowship||Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship|
|Sponsor||United States-India Educational Foundation|
|Application Start Date||January|
|Application End Date||July|
|Shortlisting for Interview||August|
|Duration||6 – 12 months|
- The applicant must have an Indian Citizenship
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent Academic background
The detailed eligibility criteria for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research has been provided below.
- The stipend will be provided monthly
- The selected candidates will get J-1 Visa Support
- Air travel fare will be provided to travel between India & US
- Professional Allowances has been provided
|Event / Program||Date|
|Application Form Availability Month||January|
|End of the Application submission||June|
|Review of Submitted Applications||August|
|Shortlisting of Candidates||October|
|Confirmation of Placements||April|
|Start of the Program||August / September|
How to Apply?
The applications are accepted through online mode only. Following is the procedure to apply for the scheme.
- Go to the application page (Visit Here)
- You will be having two options “Login” & “Create an Account“
- Click on “Create an Account“
- Fill out all the details and upload the required documents
- Click on the Submit button