The Aditya Birla Scholarship is instigated in the year 1999 by Aditya Birla Group. The aim of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the merit students pursuing various courses at IIMs, XLRI, IITs, and BITS.
The shortlisted students will get a part of tuition fee and the hostel fee.
Interested candidates can go through the detailed notification given below.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2020-2021
The Aditya Birla Scholarship is an initiative of ABG in the memory of Late Sri Aditya Vikram Birla. Instituted in the year 1999.
The top 20 students (based on the ranks in the entrance examinations) from each institute are invited to apply through the dean.
The beneficiaries will get a scholarship amount of up to Rs. 1.8 Lakh per annum.
Every year, the announcement of the scholarship takes place in the month of September.
The students who are pursuing various courses at reputed institutions (IIMs, XLRI, IITs, and BITS Pilani) can get benefited from the scheme.
The students from the following institutes are eligible to apply for the scheme.
1. Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs):
The students of IIM Bangalore, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Kolkata, IIM Lucknow, IIM Indore, IIM Khozikode, IIM Shillong are eligible to apply
2. Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs):
The students who are pursuing B.Tech in the following IITs are eligible
IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Mumbai, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT Chennai
3. XLRI – Jamshedpur
4. BITS Pilani Campuses
5. Law Colleges
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad, Telangana
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Gujarat National Law University
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Benefits: Aditya Birla Scholarship
The shortlisted students from IITs and BITS will get a major part of the tuition fee and the hostel fees. Whereas, the Law and Management courses will get a part of the tuition fees.
The below tabular gives the course-wise scholarship amount.
|Type of Institute||Scholarship Amount|
|LAW Institutes||Rs. 1.8 Lakh per annum (or) the tuition fee (Whichever is lower)|
|Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)||Rs. 1.75 Lakh per annum|
|XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur||Rs. 1.75 Lakh per annum|
|Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)||Rs. 1 Lakh per annum|
|BITS (Pilani)||Rs. 1 Lakh per annum|
The application procedure for the Aditya Birla Scholarship is very simple and it is an offline process.
The top 20 students from each institute (according to the entrance exam’s rank) can fill the application form and submit it to the dean of that institute.
The following table gives the no. of eligible applicants according to the institute.
|Type of Institute||No. of Eligible Applicants|
|IIMs & XLRI||180 Students|
|IITs & BITS Pilani||160 Students|
|Law Colleges||100 Students|
Selection Procedure: Aditya Birla Scholarship
- 20 applications are accepted from each institution given in the list
- A total of 440 applications are accepted from all the institutions
- The team of ABG will review the performance of the candidate based on the following factors
- Academic excellence
- An essay by the students
- All these factors are considered to promote the candidates to the next level
- The final selection process ends up with an Interview round in Mumbai
- The interview panel board members will pick the best
- 16 Students from Engineering stream
- 8 Students from Law stream
- 16 Students from Management
- So, a total of 40 out of 440 students will be named as Aditya Birla Scholars
Aditya Birla Scholarship Renewal
The performance of the Aditya Birla Scholars is monitored every year until they finish the course.
The renewal of the Aditya Birla Scholarship depends on the following factors
- The student must get a rating of 7 out of 9 in at least 60% of the assignments
- He/ She must be in the top 25% of their batch
- The performance of the student in the forums of campus
- The candidate should write a 250-word write-up the topic “Being an Aditya Birla Scholar”
- The applicants who are attending the interview must carry all the necessary documents given in the notification
- You must also carry all the educational documents to the interview
- The interview will be conducted by an eminent panel in Mumbai
- Accommodation and the travel expenses will be provided by the Aditya Birla Group
- The shortlisted candidates have to keep in mind that the renewal of the scholarship entirely depends on the performance throughout the academic year.
- The qualitative and the quantitative performances of the students are monitored to renew the scholarship
- The scholarship amount will be given through the cheque to the office of the institute
- As the students have already paid the 1st year fee to the institution, the ABG will refund the fee to the selected students
- The notification of the Aditya Birla Scholarship releases in the month of September every year
- The scholarship is valid for the entire course of study
- Go through the section “Renewal Process” on this page to know the factors considered for the scholarship renewal
FAQ on Aditya Birla Scholarship
Ans: The ABG group generally release the fresh notification in the month of September. This year, the date may change due to the COVID-19 disturbances.
Ans: The top 20 students from the IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Mumbai, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT Chennai are eligible to apply for Birla Scholarship.
Ans: The shortlisted students “Aditya Birla Scholars” will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 1.8 Lakh per annum. The scholarship will be given for the entire duration of the course.
Ans: The final round Interview will take place in Mumbai city. The candidates have to carry all the educational documents along with the mark sheets of the previous years.