The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/ RPSF scheme was organized under the Ministry of Railways, Government of India. The wards and widows who belong to the RPF/RPSF personnel can apply for this opportunity.
Benefits from the Scholarship: The selected candidates get a monthly stipend of up to Rs. 3000/-
- The last date to submit the application is 31st October 2022, If you are eligible apply as soon as possible.
- Applications are accepted through online mode only, no offline applications are accepted
- Login to NSP Portal to submit the application online
Purpose of the Scholarship: The aim behind launching this scheme is to encourage the wards of RPF/RPSF personnel to pursue higher professional and technical education.
If you are interested, then go through the below-given eligibility criteria, required documents, and application procedure for the scholarship.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/ RPSF 2022-2023
In this article, we have provided detailed eligibility, the documents required for the scheme, the application process, and the frequently asked questions followed by the answers.
If you have any further queries on this scholarship, you can contact us directly through the below-given comment box.
As you are aware that this scholarship is offered to the wards and widows from wards of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel only.
For other candidates, you can check the 87 scholarships offered by the central government through the NSP Portal.
The following are the eligibility factors to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel
- Must have secured at least 60% marks in the 12th class, diploma/ degree.
- The applicant must be pursuing a regular course in the following segments
- B.E, B.Tech, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MBBS, MCA, MCA
The duration of the scholarship is equal to the course duration (2 to 5 years). The candidate has to meet the given norms to get the scholarship annually.
- Shortlisted male candidates will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 2500/-
- Female candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per monthly
Note: I really don’t know why female candidates are paid more. Please don’t ask me.
- Every year scholarships are renewed after approval from DG/RPF (based on merit in academics)
The following are the required documents to submit the application online.
For Fresh Candidates:
- Scanned copy of the 12th/ Graduation/ Diploma mark sheet
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel
- PPO or Discharge Certificate
- Other documents required at the NSP portal login
For Renewal Candidates:
- Latest Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel
- Scanned copy of the last academic year’s mark sheet
The application procedure for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF is carried out on the NSP portal.
What is NSP Portal?
National Scholarship Portal is an online platform for all the scholarships offered by the central government. This website was operated under the Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology,
Government of India.
Now let us look at the step-by-step procedure to apply for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2022-2023 on the NSP website.
- Visit the official website of NSP i.e., www.scholarships.gov.in
- Under the Application Corner Segment, click on New Registration
- A new page opens up with a link titled “Click Here for Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23“
- Click on that link
- You are redirected to the instructions page
- Read all the instructions carefully and get ready with the scanned copies of the given documents
- Click on the 3 checkboxes at the bottom of the page
- Hit the continue button
- A new page opens, fill out the form with the following details
- Name of Domicile (Select your state)
- Name of the student
- Scholarship Category
- Date of Birth of the Applicant
- Type of Scheme
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC Code
- Aadhar Card or other ID Proof details
- Enter Captcha Code & hit the Register button
After finishing the registration process, the Application ID & Password will be mailed to you.
Follow the below steps after getting the login credentials to your Email ID/ Mobile Number.
- Again go to the home page and click on the Fresh Application link
- Enter your Application ID & Password
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and hit the Login button
- After login to the dashboard, search for “Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF” scholarship
- Click on the title and hit the apply button
- Fill out the educational and personal information in the form
- Upload all the necessary documents in the given sizes
- Hit the submit button
- Now, you are done with the application process
- You will get a confirmation mail to your mobile number and Email ID
- You will get notified about the application status
- You can also check the application status manually on the same portal