The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched “Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” to encourage the girl students to pursue higher education by providing financial assistance.
The applicant must be the only girl child in their family and got admission into PG Course at the time of application.
The selected candidates will get a fellowship amount of Rs. 36,200 per annum (Paid for 2 years of PG Course)
Every year 3000 girl students are getting benefited from this scheme.
Go through the below-given detailed notification before submitting the application.
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-2021
The single students who have to taken PG Courses can apply for the “Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child“. Interested candidates can enroll for the scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal.
Check out the detailed eligibility, application procedure, and the rewards of the “Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” (PGIGSSGC).
The applicants must fulfill the below criteria to be eligible for the scheme.
- The applicant must be a female and she must be the only girl-child in their family
- She must not cross the age of 30 years at the time of admission into PG Course
- The candidate should get admission into the PG course in any of the Universities/ Colleges as per section 2(f) & and 12(B) of the UGC Act.
Note: Distance Education courses are not taken into consideration.
Every year 3000 students are getting benefited from this scheme.
The scholarship amount of Rs. 36200/- will be provided per year. The amount will get credited to your account through DBT mode (Paid Annually).
Duration: The scholarship is valid for only 2 years. As the duration of most of the PG courses is limited to 2 years.
Total Scholarship Amount = Rs. 36,200 x 2 (Years) = Rs. 72,400/-
Make sure to renew the scholarship for the second year on the same website.
After going through the eligibility criteria, candidates have to submit the application on the National Scholarship Portal.
Make sure you have the following documents scanned before filling the application form.
- All the Educational Documents
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Pass Book
- Duly filled Joining Letter from the College/ University
If you are not aware of the application procedure at the NSP website, use the below button to check the step by step process.
PGIGSSGC Scholarship Renewal
The fresh applications are valid for only 1 year. The students have to renew their scholarship after finishing the 1st academic year.
The renewal process is also carried out on the same website (National Scholarship Portal).
The following are some guidelines to renew the scholarship.
- The validity of the fresh application is for 1 year only
- The student must renew the application to get the scholarship for the second year
- The candidate must have promoted to the next year to renew the application
- Those who have changed the course during the course will not be allowed to renew
- The student must not migrate to another College/ University during the course period
Bank Account Details
The fellowship amount of the “Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” will be credited to the candidate’s bank account directly. So, candidates should be more careful while entering the bank account details.
Entering incorrect account number or IFSC will lead to the application rejection even though you are shortlisted.
Follow the below instructions to avoid such mistakes.
- The bank account should be in the name of the applicant
- Entering Parent’s/ Guardian’s/ Friend’s bank account details will not be taken into consideration
- If you don’t have any, make sure to open an account before the application
- Finish the KYC (Know Your Customer) process at the bank
- Link your Aadhar Number to the Bank Account
FAQ on PGIGSSGC Scheme
Ans: The shortlisted candidates will get a yearly stipend of Rs. 36,200/-. The duration of the scholarship is 2 years.
Ans: Make sure you are on the selected candidate’s list. If so, your stipend will be paid annually not monthly.
Ans: The eligible candidates have to submit their application online on the e-Scholarship Portal of Central Government.
Official Website: www.scholarships.gov.in
Visit the above-mentioned site and use the “New Registration” button to submit the application.
Ans: Apart from the renewal applications, the UGC is providing scholarships to 3000 students under this scheme.
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for this scheme. The candidate must pursue a regular PG Course in the given universities only (Check the notification for the eligible colleges).
Ans: No, to be eligible for this scheme, you must have admitted into the PG course at the time of application. You are also required to upload the duly filled joining report while registering.
Ans: No, the candidates must promote to the next year to be eligible for the renewal. You need to upload the result copy of the 1st year at the time of renewal.
Ans: The students who have qualified in the 1st year can renew the scholarships at the NSP website. Go through the below steps to renew the scholarship.
1. Visit the website www.scholarships.gov.in
2. Click on the Login button and select the academic year
3. Enter the Application ID, Password, and CAPTCHA Code
4. Click on the Login button
5. Click on the Renew Scholarship and enter the necessary details
6. Upload the pass certificate and hit the submit button