Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020-2021: The “Ministry of Human Resource Development” and the “University of Grants Commission” (UGC) together launched the special scholarship program “ISHAN UDAY“.
The primary objective of the scheme is to encourage the economically backward students in the North Eastern Region to pursue Higher Education.
Every year 10,000 students are getting benefited from this scheme to pursue technical and professional courses (Including medical and paramedical courses)
What are you waiting for?
Go through the Eligibility Criteria and Apply Now (Detailed Notification in the below sections).
Ishan Uday: Special Scholarship Scheme (Apply Now)
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020-2021: The scheme was instigated in the year 2014. The UGC and MHRD are primarily focused on increasing Gross Enrolment Ratio and professional education in the North Eastern Region.
This is a great opportunity for the students of the North Eastern Region seeking higher education.
The applicant must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the scheme.
- The student must have passed the 12th standard
- The family income must be less than 4.5 Lakh per annum from all the sources
- The student must be a domicile of North Eastern Region
- Transgender students are also eligible to apply for the scheme
- Must have secured admission into any of the following courses
- Degree courses
- Technical Courses
- Professional Courses
- Medical Courses
- Paramedical Courses
Note: In the case of dual degree courses, the scholarship will be given for the first degree only.
Who are not Eligible for Ishan Uday?
There are few exclusion factors of the scheme. Below are those.
- The candidates pursuing courses at Open Universities are not eligible to apply for the scheme
- Those who are benefiting from other scholarship schemes for pursuing UG courses
- Students who got seat through the management quota are not eligible
- The students who have taken the diploma courses
- Domicile Certificate (Proof of North Eastern Region)
- Latest Income Certificate
- Previous Year’s Pass Certificate
- Admission Letter/ Proof of Joining in the Professional or Technical Course
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Bank Pass Book (FrontPage)
- Aadhar Card
Ishan Uday Application Procedure
The interested candidates have to submit the application at the “National Scholarship Portal“. Most of the students are not aware of registering on the NSP website.
Go through the below procedure to submit the application at NSP.
- Go to the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (Visit Here)
- On the top right corner of the website, you will find the “New Registration” button, click on it
- Read the guidelines carefully and keep the required documents scanned
- Agree to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page and hit the Continue button
- Fill the form with the personal and educational details
- Upload the required documents and submit the form
- You will receive the SMS with your Login ID & Password
- Login to the portal and apply for the “ISHAN UDAY” scholarship
- Take a print of your final acknowledgment
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
The scholarship is provided to the 10,000 students every year apart from the renewals.
|General Degree Courses
|Rs. 5400/- per month
|Technical & Professional Courses (Including Medical & Paramedical)
|Rs. 7800/- per month
The scholarship will be given from the date of joining at the College/ University
Renewal of Ishan Uday Scholarship
The fresh scholarship application is valid for 1 year only. The shortlisted students must renew the scholarship every year until they finish the course duration.
The renewal process is also carried out at the National Scholarship Portal.
There are few eligibility conditions to renew the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
- The student must maintain good conduct and attendance during the academic year.
- The candidate must qualify the present year to renew the scholarship for the next academic year
- Must not migrate to another college/ university during the course period
- The candidates should not change their course in the middle
- The University of Grants Commission (UGC) will monitor the student’s performance and the implementation of the scheme
FAQ on Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020-2021
Ans: The shortlisted medical students will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 7800/- through out the course period. The student should renew the scholarship yearly.
Ans: No, you are not allowed to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. As per the guidelines, the family’s annual income must not exceed Rs. 4.5 Lakh.
Ans: The applications are accepted through the “National Scholarship Portal” (The Central Government’s e-Scholarship Portal). The URL of the website is www.scholarships.gov.in. Both the fresh and renewal applications are accepted on the same website.
Ans: No, you are not eligible. The students must qualify for the present academic year to renew for the next.
Ans: There is no application fee for this scholarship. The students who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for the scholarship.
Ans: There is no offline method to apply for this scheme. All the eligible candidates must submit their application through online mode only. The applications are accepted at the NSP Portal.
Ans: The scheme was instigated in the year 2014. Every year around 10,000 students of the “North Eastern Region” are getting benefited from the scheme.