Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Portal of Punjab: On 23, December 2020, the Central Govt. had addressed the issue of revision in the funding pattern of the Centered Sponsored scheme, “Post-Matric Scholarship to Students of SC category – For a period of 2020-21 to 2025-26.
Setting aside the guidelines of the scheme, few major modifications have been made for the better monitoring of the schemes. The revised scheme is aimed to adapt timely delivery, accountability, total transparency that is most likely to bring about a transformation in the SC households.
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Portal of Punjab State 2021-22
As per the latest information, the application process for the Ambedkar Scholarship in Punjab has been open for fresh registrations.
The candidates who are eligible and willing to apply for the scheme can proceed with the below procedure.
Here are a few important dates of the scholarship
|Last Date for submitting an online application
|15th February 2021
|Last date to submit to the approving authority by institutes
|18th February 2021
|Last date for the approving authority to send online proposals to line departments
|20th February 2021
|Last date for sanctioning departments to send online proposals to welfare department for Scholarship
|22nd February 2021
List of Scholarships under Punjab Scholarship Portal
1. Post Matric Scholarship for SC Candidates
The application process for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students is starting in the month of November and ends in January.
This scheme is offered by the Department of Welfare of Scheduled Caste & Backward Classes, Punjab state.
The students of Punjab state pursuing above 10th standard and belong to SC category can submit the application on the given dates.
2. Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Candidates
The OBC students from Punjab state can apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship in the months of November to January.
This scheme was offered under the department of SC & BC Welfare, Punjab State.
Center Assistance for the scheme:
- The Center and State ratio will be in the order of 60:40 and it will last between 2020-21 and 2025-26.
- Each year, there will be a 5 percent annual increase in the allotted fund.
- The 60 percent share that begins from 2020-21 shall be the average demand of the last three years (2017-18 to 2019-20).
- For an SC student, in order to make it to the selection list, he/ she will have to have three or more deprivations as per SECC-2011.
- The parents of those selected students could be either or both are illiterate.
- The scheme can be misused and to reduce any possible errors, several awareness program drives will have to be initiated by Punjab State Govt.
- The schemes will have to be put through Gram Panchayat notice boards, school committees,s and interactive sessions between parent and teacher.
- Institutions will have to obtain NAAC/NBA accreditation before 2022-24 for the continuation of the scheme from 2025-26.
- The Punjab Scholarship portal services will have to maintain the complete details of the students’ scholarship and assure transparency, accountability, efficiency, and timely delivery of scholarship. In addition, sink every ongoing activity at the state level in the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) on a real-time basis. The same procedure is to be applied to any portal service as mentioned by the Department of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- .Punjab government is solely responsible for the verification of students’ documents and based on the Aadhar card attendance system and is made mandatory in the scheme.
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Portal Payment:
Money shall be transferred into the student’s account through Aadhar Enabled Payment System and is released on the DBT mode from 2021-22. Equally, Punjab State government is expected to open up escrow account for the scheme and ensure the release of funds as per the specified schedule.
For Smooth Performance of Scheme:
Certain evaluation techniques on the performance of the students will have to be done regularly by tracking the progress of the students at the block district and state levels by conducting a random check on employing at least 10 percent of the institutions/students picked up in a random check.
Action Plan Submission:
The government will have to prepare the action plan in February each year and it should contain academic year’s details and those action plans is to be appraised and approved by the Central Government.
Centers – Incentive/Disincentive Process:
Based on certain criteria, such as payments made on scheduled time, keeping in view the poorest households, and the academic performances of the scholarship holders, the Central Government will issue incentives/disincentives to the State.