Scholarship Form 2020-2021: Every year, lakhs of students apply for the scholarships in India. But, most of the applications got rejected due to the various mistakes done while filling the application.
Here is this article we are going to cover the following topics to avoid such mistakes.
- List of Scholarships & its Application Form
- What are the details to be checked in the Notification
- Guidelines to Fill the Application Form
- Mistakes to Avoid while filling the Application Form
- Reasons behind the Rejection of the Application
List of Scholarships & its Application Form
The below table gives you the Application Forms of the top scholarships in India (State, Central & Private Scholarships).
|Name of the Scholarship||Region Covered||Application Form|
|Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna Scheme||Delhi||Download Here|
|Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition (6th & 9th Class)||India||Download Here|
|PM Scholarship Scheme Application Form (DESW Scholarship)||India||Download Here|
|MOMA Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities Application Form||India||Download Here|
|Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||India||Download Here|
|Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship||India||Download Here|
|YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme Application Form||Andhra Pradesh||Download Here|
|Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Form||India||Download Here|
|Aakash ANTHE Application Form||India||Download Here|
|TALLENTEX Application Form||India||Download Here|
|Digital Gujarat Scholarship Form||Gujarat||Download Here|
|MOMA Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities||India||Download Here|
|Madhya Pradesh Scholarships Application Form||Madhya Pradesh||Download Here|
|Maharashtra Scholarship Application Form||Maharashtra||Download Here|
|UP Scholarship Application Form||Uttar Pradesh||Download Here|
|Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders||India||Download Here|
|IOCL Scholarship Application Form||India||Download Here|
|Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)||India||Download Here|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships||India||Download Here|
|Scholarships for International Students||India||Download Here|
|Scholarships for Girls in India||India||Download Here|
|Aditya Birla Scholarship Form||India||Download Here|
|TATA Scholarship Application Form||India||Download Here|
|Fair and Lovely Scholarship||India||Download Here|
|Jio Scholarship||India||Download Here|
|Colgate Scholarship||India||Download Here|
|Santoor Scholarship||AP, TS, Karnataka||Download Here|
|Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Form||Andhra Pradesh||Download Here|
|Telangana ePass Scholarships||Telangana||Download Here|
|National Scholarship Portal Application Form||India||Download Here|
What are the details to be checked in the Notification?
After releasing the scholarship notification, the candidates have to keep an eye on the following details.
- Eligible Regions (State or Central)
- Educational Qualification to apply for the scheme
- Eligible Aggregate in the previous year
- Required Documents
- Annual Income of the Family
- Eligible Categories
- Application Start & End Dates
- Instructions to Fill the Form
- Important Guidelines to the students
Guidelines to Fill the Scholarship Form
The guidelines of the scholarship are not the same for all the schemes. But, there are some basic rules to be followed while filling the scholarship form.
Now, let us discuss those.
1. Candidate’s Name:
The applicants should enter the name and father’s name as per the certificates. Entering nicknames and inappropriate names will lead to rejection of the application.
Ex: If the name on your certificates is “GREESHMA KOTHARI“.
Wrong Methods: GREESHMA K, K GREESHMA, GREESHMA GREESHMA, etc.,
2. Date of Birth:
Provide the date of Birth as per the student’s educational certificates. Also enter the date in the given format only.
Ex: DD – MM – YYYY or MM – DD – YYYY
3. State of Domicile
Domicile state means the state where the student has a permanent address. Few scholarships are applicable for particular states. So, candidates have to check whether the scholarship is applicable to their state or not.
4. Mobile Number & Email ID:
The Mobile Number and Email ID are very important while filling the form. The notifications, status, and further communication about the scholarship is done through the mobile number and Email ID given.
So, give the valid details while filling the form.
5. Education Details:
While entering the educational details, follow the below instructions
- Enter the marks as per your certificates
- Provide the school name and address as per the records
- Apply for the scholarship only when you have the certificates with you
- Entering incorrect marks/ percentages will lead to application rejection
- The authorities will cross-check the details with the original certificates
6. Bank Account Details:
It is essential to provide accurate bank account numbers and the IFSC of the bank branch.
In most of the cases, the authorities asks for the bank account of the beneficiary. If you are a major, you must have a valid bank account.
Most of the scholarships are released through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer) method.
Application Rejection is the consequence of entering invalid account details.
7. How to Scan & Upload the Required Documents:
There is a clear instruction in every scholarship notification about uploading the documents.
Check the acceptable sizes and scan the documents accordingly. Make sure that the documents uploaded are clear.
Mistakes to Avoid while filling the Scholarship Form
The student must take care of the following factors to avoid rejection of the application.
- The Candidates must read all the eligibility terms given in the notification.
- Entering Irrelevant and in-appropriate details lead to rejection.
- Candidate must fill all the mandatory fields in the application form
- Upload all the necessary documents in the given sizes only
- Uploading improper/irrelevant documents will lead to the cancellation of the application
- Make sure to cross-check the details entered before submitting the form
- In most of the cases, the submitted application is not accessible for editing
- Enter the current mobile number and Email ID, all the updates and application progress alerts are sent to that number and email ID.
- Make sure you finish all the steps before you close the website.
Reasons behind the Rejection of the Application
The following are the 7 common reasons behind the rejection of the application.
- Entering Invalid Marks
- Mismatch of Date of Birth with your Certificates
- Entering Incorrect Address
- Mismatch of Educational Details with the Original Documents
- Uploading Invalid or Unclear Documents
- Date of Birth Mismatch
- Uploading Pat year’s Income certificate
Avoid the mistakes and follow the above-given guidelines to fill the application form.
All the Best.