Scholarship Form 2021-2022: Do you ever wondered why your scholarship application got rejected without any valid reason? Here are the few basic mistakes that most of the applicants do while submitting the scholarship form.
Every year, lakhs of students apply for scholarships in India. But, most of the applications got rejected due to improper form filling.
Here in this article, we are going to cover the following topics to avoid such mistakes.
- List of Scholarships & its Application Form
- What are the details to be checked in the Notification?
- Guidelines to Fill the Application Form
- Mistakes to Avoid while filling the Application Form
- Reasons behind the Rejection of the Application
List of Scholarships & its Application Form
The below table gives you the Application Forms of the top scholarships in India (State, Central & Private Scholarships).
|Name of the Scholarship
|Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna Scheme
|Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition (6th & 9th Class)
|PM Scholarship Scheme Application Form (DESW Scholarship)
|MOMA Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities Application Form
|Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
|Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
|YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme Application Form
|Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Form
|Aakash ANTHE Application Form
|TALLENTEX Application Form
|Digital Gujarat Scholarship Form
|MOMA Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
|Madhya Pradesh Scholarships Application Form
|Maharashtra Scholarship Application Form
|UP Scholarship Application Form
|Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders
|IOCL Scholarship Application Form
|Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships
|Scholarships for International Students
|Scholarships for Girls in India
|Aditya Birla Scholarship Form
|TATA Scholarship Application Form
|Fair and Lovely Scholarship
|AP, TS, Karnataka
|Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Form
|Telangana ePass Scholarships
|National Scholarship Portal Application Form
What are the details to be checked in the Notification?
After releasing the scholarship notification, the candidates have to keep an eye on the following details.
- Eligible Regions (State or Central)
- Educational Qualification to apply for the scheme
- Eligible Aggregate in the previous academic year
- Required Documents (Residential, Financial & Academic Proofs)
- Annual Income of the Family
- Eligible Categories
- Application Start & End Dates
- Instructions to Fill the Form
- Important Guidelines to the students
Guidelines to Fill the Scholarship Form
The guidelines of the scholarship are not the same for all the schemes. But, there are some basic rules to be followed while filling the scholarship form.
Now, let us discuss those.
1. Candidate’s Name:
The applicants should enter their name and father’s name as per the educational certificates. Entering nicknames and inappropriate names will lead to the rejection of the application.
Ex: If the name on your certificates is “GREESHMA KOTHARI“
Wrong Methods: GREESHMA K, K GREESHMA, GREESHMA GREESHMA, etc.,
Right Method: “GREESHMA KOTHARI” or “KOTHARI GREESHMA”
2. Date of Birth:
Your actual date of birth may be different but you must enter the DOB as per your educational certificates. Also, enter the date in the given format only.
Ex: If your Date of Birth is 14th June 1992 and the given format in the scholarship form is DD-MM-YYYY. The first two letters “DD” indicates the day, the middle two letters indicate the month and the last 4 letters are for the year.
Right Method: 14-06-1992
Wrong Methods: 06-14-1992, 14-06-92
3. The State of Domicile
Domicile state means the state where the student has a permanent address. Few scholarships are applicable for particular states. So, candidates have to check whether the scholarship is applicable to their state or not.
4. Mobile Number & Email ID:
The Mobile Number and Email ID are very important while filling the form. These are the primary mediums to communicate for further procedures. Candidates must provide a valid number and email ID to know the status of the scholarship.
So, give the valid details while filling the form.
5. Educational Details:
While entering the educational details, follow the below instructions
- Enter the marks as per your certificates
- Provide the school name and address as per the records
- Apply for the scholarship only when you have the certificates with you
- Entering incorrect marks/ percentages will lead to application rejection
- The authorities will cross-check the details with the original certificates
6. Bank Account Details:
It is essential to provide accurate bank account numbers and the IFSC of the bank branch.
In most cases, the authorities ask for the bank account of the beneficiary. If you are a major, you must give valid bank account details of your own.
Most of the scholarships are released through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer) method.
Application Rejection is the consequence of entering invalid account details.
7. How to Scan & Upload the Required Documents:
There is a clear instruction in every scholarship notification about uploading the documents.
Check the acceptable sizes and scan the documents accordingly. Make sure that the documents uploaded are clearly visible.
Mistakes to Avoid while filling the Scholarship Form
The student must take care of the following factors to avoid rejection of the application.
- The Candidates must read all the eligibility terms given in the notification.
- Entering Irrelevant and in-appropriate details lead to rejection.
- Candidate must fill all the mandatory fields in the application form
- Upload all the necessary documents in the given sizes only
- Uploading improper/irrelevant documents will lead to the cancellation of the application
- Make sure to cross-check the details entered before submitting the form
- In most of the cases, the submitted application is not accessible for editing
- Enter the current mobile number and Email ID, all the updates and application progress alerts are sent to that number and email ID.
- Make sure you finish all the steps before you close the website.
Reasons behind the Rejection of the Application
The following are the 7 common reasons behind the rejection of the application.
- Entering Invalid Marks in the application form
- Mismatch of Date of Birth with your Certificates
- Entering Incorrect Address
- Mismatch of Educational Details with the Original Documents
- Uploading Invalid or Unclear Documents (Low-resolution images)
- Submitting fake documents
- Uploading Past year’s Income certificate
Avoid the mistakes and follow the above-given guidelines to fill the application form.
All the Best. Namaskaram.