The “Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders” is one of the schemes under the umbrella of the University Grants Commission. The students who scored 1st and 2nd ranks at the Undergraduate level and admitted into Postgraduation are eligible to apply for the scheme.
The objective of the scheme is to encourage the merit students to pursue their Master’s Degree by providing financial assistance.
The scholarship is provided to 3000 students every year. Interested candidates can go through the below-given eligibility and submit the application online.
Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders
The students who secured 1st and 2nd ranks in any of the university undergraduate programs can apply for the “Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders“.
The University Grants Commission inviting applications from eligible candidates every year. But due to the lack of awareness, only a few students are applying for the scheme.
- The applicant must have secured 1st or 2nd rank in their Undergraduate level course from any of the following streams
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Commerce and
- Must have admitted to the PG course in any of the recognized universities/ Private Universities/ Deemed Universities/ PG Colleges/ Autonomous colleges
- The age of the applicant should not cross 30 Years
- The students who have joined Distance Education courses are not allowed to apply for the scheme
- The scholarship is not applicable to the students who are pursuing a PG degree for the second time.
- The Applicant must get at least 60% marks at the undergraduate level
Interested candidates have to keep the following documents handy before applying for the scholarship.
- All the Educational Documents
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Pass Book
- Proof of Merit position at the undergraduate level
- Joining Letter/ Admission Letter from the College/ University (PG Course)
- The shortlisted students will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 3100/-.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship is 2 years
- The scholarship amount is paid through DBT method every month
- There are only 3000 fresh slots per year apart from the renewals
- The fresh application is valid for 1st year only. Candidates need to renew their application for the second year
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility factors and the required documents before filling the application form.
The applications for the “Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders” scheme are accepted through online mode only.
The candidates have to submit their applications through the e-Scholarship portal “NSP”.
Official Website of the “National Scholarship Portal”:
Follow the below steps to submit the application at NSP. Make sure to scan the required documents.
- Go to the above-mentioned website
- Hit the “New Registration” button on the top right corner (Take the below screenshot as a reference)
- Go through the guidelines carefully
- Proceed to the application form
- Fill the application with personal and educational details and submit the form
- The login credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Login to the portal with the given details
- Select the scholarship “Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders“
- Fill the form and upload the necessary documents
- Submit the application
- Download the Acknowledgment copy for further use
All the shortlisted candidates must renew their scholarship for the next year. There are few eligibility terms to be eligible for the renewal.
Go through it.
- The candidate must score at least 60% marks in the PG course
- Should maintain good conduct and attendance during the course period
- Must promote to the next year
- The candidate should not migrate to another college/ university
- Should not change the course
Bank Account Details
The fellowship amount of the “Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders” will be credited to the candidate’s bank account through the DBT method. Candidates must take care while entering the account details.
Entering an incorrect bank account number will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship.
Go through the below guidelines to avoid mistakes
- The bank account should be in the name of the student
- Providing Parent’s/ Guardian’s account details will not be accepted
- If you don’t have any, make sure to open an account before applying for the scheme
- Finish the KYC (Know Your Customer) process at the bank
- Link your Aadhar Number to the Bank Account
- The applicants should enter the valid bank account details. Entering incorrect account details may lead to the cancellation of scholarship
- Make sure you have uploaded the genuine documents
- The candidates must link the bank account with the Aadhar card
- The scholarship will get canceled if the UGC receives any complaints from the university
- Download the Annexure-I & Annexure-II forms and upload the filled forms at the time of application
- Annexure-I form is for Rank Certificate and Annexure-II is for Joining Report
- Make sure to maintain good conduct/ progress in the university, UGC will monitor the performance and behavior all the time
FAQ on PGSURH
Ans: The applications are accepted through the “National Scholarship Portal“. The official website of NSP is www.scholarships.gov.in.
Ans: Every year, UGC releases the notification in the months of October/ November. The last date will end in the month of January.
Ans: No, this scheme is applicable for 1st and 2nd rank holders only. Check the detailed eligibility criteria given on this page.