Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2021: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is conducted every year for the admission of 6th, 9th & 11th classes. The primary motive is to encourage talented students from rural areas by providing quality education.
The selection test JNVST is conducted for the admission of class VI only. Whereas the students of classes IX & XI are taken through the lateral entry test method (Explained in detail on this page).
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released the notification for the academic session 2021-2022.
So the interested students can go through the detailed eligibility criteria, application process, and other important guidelines of the JNVST exam.
We have provided all the details on this page. Go through it.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 (nvsadmissionclasssix)
nvsadmissionclassix 2021: The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is an autonomous body functioning under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The structure of the examination and the selection procedure is organized by CBSE.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released the notification & application form online on its official website www.nvsadmissionclasssix.in.
Download the latest Admission Notifications from the below table.
|Provisional List of Class IX Lateral Entry Selection Test 2020||Get Here|
|Guidelines for Admission of Provisionally Selected Students in Class VI||Get Here|
|Guidelines for Admission of Provisionally Selected Students in Class IX||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Shillong Region)||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Lucknow Region)||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Hyderabad Region)||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Chandigarh Region)||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Bhopal Region)||Get Here|
|Selection List of Class 6 Summer Bound JNVs (Pune Region)||Get Here|
The JNVST board publishes the advertisements on various platforms like print media, digital media, TV, Radio, etc., Moreover, the faculty of Navodaya schools visit the local schools in their region to bring awareness to the students.
There is no application fee for all the JNVST exams including lateral entry tests for classes IX & XI.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission for Class VI
Eligibility for Class VI
The below sections will provide you the detailed eligibility criteria for classes VI, IX, XI.
- The age of the student must be between 9 & 13 years (This age group is for all categories. No age relaxation is provided for SC & ST categories)
- Only the students from the district where the JNV is located are eligible to apply
- The applicant must be studying class V from any of the Govt/ Govt aided/ recognized school for the entire academic year
- The rural quota students must pass their classes 3, 4 & 5 from a Govt/ Govt aided or any other recognized schools located in the rural areas.
- The candidates who have pursued classes III, IV, V in urban area schools even for 1 single day will be considered as an Urban Area Student
- The candidates who are not pursuing class V till 30th Sept will not be eligible to take the test
- This is a one-time opportunity, no one is allowed to take the JNVST exam for the second time.
JNVST Important Dates for Class VI
The below table gives the important dates for the JNVST Class VI exam or the academic session 2021-2022.
|Releasing of Application form 2020||July 2020|
|Application Submission Last Date||September 2020|
|Release Date of Admit Card/ Hall Ticket||November 2020|
|JNVST Exam Date 2021||January 2021|
|Release of Cutoff Marks||January 2021|
|Releasing of Merit List||May/ June 2021|
|JNVST Result Release Date||June 2021|
Reservation for JNVST Class VI
Reservation will be provided for the Girls, SC/ST Categories, Rural, and Disabled students. Check the percentage of reservation for each category.
Reservation for the Students from Rural Areas:
More than 75% of the total seats are reserved for students from rural areas in the district. The remaining seats will be allotted for urban area students.
Reservation for Girl Students:
33.3% of the total seats (1 seat for every 3 seats) are reserved for the girl students.
Reservation for Physically Challenged Students:
3% reservation will be provided for the physically challenged students.
Reservation for SC & ST Category Students:
The reservation for SC & ST category students is calculated based on the population in the district.
JNVST Exam Pattern for Class VI
|Mental Ability||50%||1 Hr.|
The medium of JNVST Test:
The applicants can choose their medium of the test from listed languages.
There are around 20 languages accepted to write the exam. The languages are as follows.
Telugu, Hindi, English, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Manipuri (Bangla Script & Meitei Mayek), Punjabi, Assamese, Mizo, Bodo, Nepali, Odia, Garo, Khasi.
The applicants have the freedom to choose any of the above-mentioned languages to write the exam.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission for Class IX (Lateral Entry)
NVS Lateral Entry Test for Class IX: The admission exam is conducted based on the vacancies in class IX of Navodaya schools. The empty seats are filled with the lateral entry process.
How does it work?
There are 544 Navodaya Schools in the country. In order to utilize the full potential of the infrastructure and faculty, the empty seats in class IX are filled through the Lateral Entry Test.
Interested candidates have to comply with the below-given eligibility.
Eligibility for NVS Class IX
- The applicant must be completed the class VIII from any of the Government/ Govt. aided or recognized schools
- The candidates have to apply for the school that exists in your district only
- The age of the candidate must be between 13 to 16 years
- There is no age relaxation for SC & ST category students
- The candidates have to write the exam in only 2 languages, Hindi (or) English
Exam Pattern for NVS Class IX
The examination is conducted for 100 marks and the syllabus will be from English, Hindi, Maths, and Science subjects. The duration of the exam is 3 Hrs.
Exam Center: The examination is conducted at the Navodaya School of your District
Important Dates Class IX Lateral Entry
|Releasing of Application form 2020||October 2020|
|Application Submission Last Date||December 2020|
|Release Date of Admit Card/ Hall Ticket||January 2021|
|Lateral Entry Test Date||February 2021|
|Release of Cutoff Marks||February 2021|
|Releasing of Merit List||May/ June 2021|
|JNVST Result Release Date||June 2021|
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission for Class XI (Lateral Entry)
NVS Lateral Entry Test for Class XI: The vacancies in class XI at Navodaya Vidyalayas will be filled through the Lateral Entry Test. Every year, the management completes the admission process by the mid of July month.
Interested students can check the vacancies of JNV School in your district and apply online.
Eligibility for NVS Class XI
The candidates have to make sure that they comply with the following eligibility criteria before submitting the application.
- The age of the applicant must be between 14 to 18 years (as on 1st July of that year)
- The students must pass the 10th class from any of the recognized/ Govt./ Govt. aided schools.
- The candidate must be studied class X in the same district where the JNV School exists in.
- The final merit list will be prepared as per the grades/ marks obtained in the Class X final exam.
Note: The NVS Class XI notification will be given based on the vacancies in the school.
How to Apply for Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission?
The management will release the notification in the popular News Papers, Radio, TV, and other advertising mediums. The application form will be released on the following official websites.
The applications are accepted through online mode on the above-mentioned websites.
Interested candidates have to keep the following documents scanned and proceed to the application process.
- Proof of Residence
- Caste/ Community Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate for the proof of age (For clas VI & IX admissions)
- 10th Class certificate/ memo is considered as the proof of age for class XI admissions
- Disability Certificate
Online Application Procedure
After the announcement of the notification, the application form is activated on the official website on the given dates.
Those who are not aware of applying online can follow the below procedure to submit your application.
- Go to the official website of JNVST Admissions (Visit Here)
- On the home page of the website, you will find the link “JNVST Application for Class VI“, click on it
- The application form opens
- Keep the necessary documents scanned in the given size
- Fill the application form with the personal and educational details
- Upload the necessary documents and click on the submit button
- Your application will be submitted successfully
- Take a printout of the submitted application for further use
Now, you have done with the application. You will be notified with the Admit Card releasing dates. Download the Admit Card on the same website and attend the exam.
Striking questions in the mind?
Go through the Frequently Asked Questions section to get answers to your queries.
FAQs on Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission
Ans: The applications for the admissions of class 6 will be accepted at www.nvsadmissionclasssix.in website. No other third party websites are authorized to take the admissions.
Ans: As mentioned earlier, there is no application fee for the JNVST admission test. Eligible candidates can submit the applications for free of cost.
Ans: Generally NVS releases the admission schedule in the month of July every year. This year, the release of the notification may get delayed due to the pandemic situation in the country.
Ans: To be eligible for the JNVST Class VI exam, the candidate must be the age of 9 to 13 years.
Ans: The JNVST exam is organized by CBSE and the JNV schools are operated under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
Ans: Candidates are allowed to apply for the JNV Schools in their district only. Required Residential address proofs are needed to be uploaded at the time of application.