The Jio Scholarship Program is an initiative of Reliance Industries Limited. The primary objective of the scheme is to encourage poor & merit students to pursue higher education.
The students who are pursuing the classes 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduation, and Postgraduation can apply for the scheme.
Interested candidates can through the detailed eligibility criteria and submit the application.
Jio Scholarship 2020-2021
Every year around 2800 students are getting benefited from the Jio Scholarship Program. The shortlisted candidates will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- based on the class of study.
All the students across the country are eligible to apply irrespective of the caste.
JIO Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be studying classes 10th, 11th, 12th, Degree, or PG are eligible to apply
- Must belong to India
- The candidate should be from the economically weaker section
The applicant must get the following percentage of marks based on their class of study.
|10th Class||CBSE/ ICSE||85%|
|11th Class||State Board||70%|
|11th Class||CBSE/ ICSE||85%|
|12th Class||State Board||65%|
|12th Class||CBSE/ ICSE||80%|
Jio Scholarship Rewards
The Reliance group is providing scholarships to 2800 students every year. The selected students will get an annual scholarship amount of Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- till the end of the course period.
The below table gives a detailed picture of the class-wise scholarship.
|10th Class||Rs. 35,000/- per year|
|11th Class||Rs. 38,000/- per year|
|12th Class||Rs. 45,000/- per year|
|Graduation Level||Rs. 52,000/- per year|
|Postgraduation Level||Rs. 55,000/- per year|
The following are the documents required to be uploaded at the time of application.
- All the Previous Educational Documents
- Present Class Admission Letter/ Fee Receipt
- Passport Size Photograph of the candidate
- Latest Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bank’s Passbook
Note: These are the basic documents required. You may require a few additional documents. We will update the list after the announcement of the notification.
How to Apply for Jio Scholarship?
Interested candidates can keep the above-mentioned documents scanned and follow the below instructions.
- Visit the official website of Jio Scholarship (Link will be updated)
- Click on the link “Jio Scholarship Program 2020-21“
- You are taken to the new page
- Fill the form with your personal and education details
- Hit the proceed button
- Upload the necessary documents and submit the form
- You are done with the application process
- Take a print of the acknowledgment
- You will be notified through your mobile number for further communication
Note: The application process may change for the fresh notification. We will update the procedure once the notification releases.
Jio Scholarship Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||Not Announced|
|Application Submission Start Date||Not Announced|
|Last Date for the Application Submission||Not Announced|
|Document Verification||Not Announced|
|Result Announcement Date||Not Announced|
|Disbursement of Scholarship||Not Announced|
- After receiving the application from the eligible candidates, the authorities will verify the documents and the application forms
- The filtering process begins by considering the merit, financial status and the category of the student
- After finishing the shortlisting process the authorities will announce the beneficiaries on their website
- The selected candidates will also be informed through the registered mobile number and the Email ID
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s account through DBT method
- Duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of the course
|Article Category||Jio Scholasrhip Program 2020-21|
|Name of Scheme||Jio Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Class 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduation, Postgraduation|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 35k to Rs. 55k|
|Status on Notification||Not Released|
|Application Start Date||–|
|Application Last Date||–|
|How to Apply?||Get Procedure Here|
|Required Documents||Get Here|
FAQ on Jio Scholarship 2020-2021
Ans: The Jio Scholarship notification for the academic year 2020-2021 is not yet released. We may expect the notification in the month of August/ September 2020.
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for the scheme. According to the previous notification, the minimum marks required in the SSC is 70%. In the case of CBSE/ ICSE, the percentage is 80%.
Ans: Around 2800 scholarships are provided to the beneficiaries every year. The priority is given for the merit and the financially weaker sections.
Ans: The selected students who are pursuing graduation will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 52,000/- per year. The amount will be given for the entire course duration.
Ans: As of now there is no renewal required. Check the fresh notification for the latest guidelines. We do update the guidelines after the announcement of the notification.
Ans: Interested candidates can submit the application at the official portal www.jio.com. You are also required to upload the necessary documents along with the application form.
Ans: No, you are not eligible to apply for the scheme. Only the candidates who are pursuing classes 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduation, PG courses are eligible to apply. There are other eligibility factors too.
Ans: As per the previous notification, there are no application charges. Candidates are advised to go through the fresh notification to check the fee and other guidelines.