The Fair and Lovely Scholarship is an initiative of Hindustan Unilever Limited under the Fair and Lovely Foundation. The aim of the scheme is to encourage economically backward female students to pursue their higher education.
The female candidates who scored at least 60% marks in the 12th standard and aged between 15 to 30 years can apply for the scheme.
The shortlisted candidates will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 50,000/-.
Go through the detailed notification given in the below sections.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2020-2021
The Fair and Lovely Scholarship Program is an annual recurring program designed for the welfare of the female students.
Applications are invited from eligible female students from all over the country. The students who finished the 12th class and got admitted into a graduate-level program can apply for the scheme.
Below is the detailed eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Fair and Lovely Scholarship
- Only Female candidates are eligible
- The applicant must have passed 12th standard and got admitted into any of the higher-level courses
- The candidate must be between the age of 15 to 30 years
- Must have passed 10th & 12th class with at least 60% marks
- The annual income of the family must not exceed Rs. 6 Lakh from all sources
The following are the documents required to be uploaded at the time of registration
- Passport Size Photograph of the Candidate
- A Valid Pho ID Proof (PAN Card, Voter’s ID Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, 10th Class Marks Memo)
- Date of Birth Certificate (or) Passport (or) 10th Marks Memo
- 10th Class Marks Memo
- 12th Pass Certificate
- Degree Certificate (For PG Students)
- Income Proof (Income Certificate, BPL Card, Monthly Pay Slip of wage-earning (If available))
- Proof of Admission into Graduate level or PG Level course (Fee Receipt or Admission Letter)
The selected students will get the scholarship amount of Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- based on the course of study.
How to Apply for Fair and Lovely Scholarship?
The application process of the Fair and Lovely Scholarship is carried out on the official website.
Here is their scholarship portal: www.fairandlovelyfoundation.in
Follow the below steps to submit the application.
- Visit the official website of the Fair and Lovely Foundation
- On the home page of the website, there is a link Career Guidance in the menu section, click on it
- Click on the Scholarship link in the dropdown
- You are directed to the scholarship page
- Go through the instructions and the required documents
- Get you documents scanned and hit the Apply Now button
- A new page opens with the application form
- Fill the form and hit the proceed button
- Upload the necessary documents and submit the form
- Now, you are done with the application submission process
Go through the below section “Selection Process” to know how the authorities shortlist the applications
- At the time of filling the applications, the candidates are needed to answer 2 questions based on their subjects
- The following factors are considered while short-listing the applications
- Family’s annual income
- Based on the answer given at the time of application
- Candidate’s profile
- Academic excellence
- Special category (Orphan, Physically Handicapped, etc.,)
- The shortlisted candidates then go through the second phase of the selection process i.e., telephonic interview
- The duration of the interview is about 10 to 15 minutes in various languages (as per the candidate’s preference)
- A panelboard organizes this round and shortlists the candidates based on the performance of the student in the interview
- The list is submitted to the Hindustan Unilever team and they announce the final list
Important Dates of Fair and Lovely Scholarship
|Date of Release of Notification||November 2020|
|Application Submission Start Date||November 2020|
|Last Date for the Submission of Applications||December 2020|
|Date of Interview||Dec/ Jan 2021|
|Announcement of the Final List||February 2020|
Note: The dates in the above tabular are given based on the previous notification. The notification for the academic year 2020-2021 is not yet released. We will update the fresh date once the notification releases.
FAQ on Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2020-21
Ans: The Fair & Lovely Women’s Scholarship is an CSR initiative of the Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL). This scheme is organized under the umbrella of Fair and Lovely Career Foundation.
Ans: Generally, the HUL release the notification in the months of October/ November every year. We may expect in the same month this year.
Ans: The Fair and Lovely Career Foundation Scholarship is only applicable for the female students.
Ans: To be eligible, the female candidates must be in the age group of 15 to 30 years.
Ans: The application process is carried out on the official website of the foundation. Only online applications are allowed. The step by step process has been given on this page.
Ans: There is a two stage selection process. The applicants are required to answer two questions at the time of the application. The first stage selection process is based on the family’s income, merit, and the answers. The second stage of selection process is based on the telephonic interview round.
Ans: As per the previous notifications, there is no fee is collected towards the application charges. The candidates are advised to check the fresh notification for such details.