NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme: In the year 2015 Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme to provide Free Coaching for Civil Services Examination for Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes. Later the scheme was extended to provide free coaching also for Backward Classes (B.C), Minorities, Kapus, Brahmins and EBC Candidates. A coaching period of 9 months will be provided for those who got selected in the entrance exam.
Notification for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme is released according to the categories. Below are the category wise departments who release the notifications.
|Candidates who belong to||Visit Official Websites of|
|Scheduled Tribes||Tribal Welfare Department|
|Scheduled Caste||Social Welfare Department|
|BC Welfare||BC Welfare Department|
|Minorities||Minorities Welfare Department|
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme for Kapu Candidates:
In the year 2016 Government of AP has extended the benefits of NTR Vidyonnathi scheme to provide free Civils coaching for Kapu Candidates under the Department of Kapu Welfare. Candidates belong to the kapu category have to submit their applications at the official website of Kapu Welfare and Development.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme for BC Candidates:
In the year 2015, Government of AP has started providing free coaching for Civil Services Exam for BC Candidates. Aspirants belong to BC Category have to submit their filled applications at the official website of BC Welfare & Development Corporation.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme for SC/ST Candidates:
In 2015, the Government of AP has started providing free Civils coaching for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates. Aspirants belonging to SC/ST Category have to submit their filled applications at the official website of Tribal Welfare (for ST Candidates) and Social Welfare (for SC Candidates) websites.
Salient Features of the Scheme:
- Selected aspirants are eligible to take 3 guidance programs from reputed private institutions at 3 different stages. (Guidance program will be designed as per UPSC exam pattern for Civil Services Examination)
- Committee of senior officers will select the reputed institutes in a transparent manner
- Payment of fee towards the coaching is strictly linked to the regular attendance of the candidate
Three Guidance Program:
- Integrated Guidance Scheme: Professional guidance for CSAT (Preliminary Exam) + Mains Exam will be given with a maximum course duration of 9 months.
- Mains Guidance Scheme: Candidates who got selected in the Preliminary Examination will be eligible to take the Mains Guidance Program. The course duration of Mains Guidance Scheme is of 2 Months.
- Personality Test (Interview) Guidance Scheme: This guidance program will be given for those who cleared the UPSC Civils Mains Examination. Personality Test guidance program is of one month.
Selection of Institutions:
The departments of Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare, B.C. Welfare, Minorities Welfare, Kapu Corporation, Brahmin Corporation, and EBC Corporation will invite EOI (Expression of Interest from reputed coaching centers that have an excellent track record in UPSC Civils Coaching)
Following are the eligibility criteria for the institutes
- Institute must have the minimum age of 10 years and must have an excellent track record in Civil Services Coaching.
- The institute must have the track record of delivering good results in Civils Coaching
- The institute must have experienced and expert faculty
- Must have the basic facilities like Library, Study Material, and Good environment
Below selection committee will filter the institutions and suggests the best institutions to the Government
- Commissioner of (Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare, B.C. Welfare, Minorities Welfare, Kapu Corporation, Brahmin Corporation, and EBC Corporation)
- Commissioner of Collegiate Education
- Commissioner of Technical Education
- Representative nominated by the finance department
Selection & Allotment of Candidates:
Selection of Students for CSAT + Mains Guidance Programme:
- Paper advertisement will be given in the local newspaper and also the information/Notification is updated in the official websites of the Social Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, BC Welfare Department, Minorities Welfare Department, Brahmin Corporation and EBC Corporation. Candidates can check the detailed notification at corresponding department sites.
- The applicant’s family annual income must not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum
- Applicant must complete their degree from any of the recognized institutions by the government
- An entrance test will be conducted for the candidates who applied for the scheme. 33% seats are allotted for women
- 3% of seats are reserved for disabled candidates
Selection & Eligibility for Mains Guidance Programme:
- Students who cleared the UPSC Civils Prelims Exam are eligible for Mains Guidance Program
- Duration of the course is 2 months
- The family annual income of the candidate must not cross 2 lakhs
Selection of Candidates for Interview Guidance:
- Interview (Personality Test) Guidance program is for those who clear UPSC Civils Mains Examination
- Candidate must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh State
Allotment of Candidates to the Reputed Institutions:
Selected candidates in the entrance exam of the Integrated Guidance Programme will have the chance to select the institution of their choice. Shortlisted institutions will be given to the selected candidates to select the institute of their choice, for admission through counseling, subject to a ceiling of seats that may be prescribed institution wise by the Committee.
After successful completion of the allotment process, fee payment is delivered in 2 stages
- 1st installment will be paid after the reporting of the candidate at the allotted institute
- 2nd installment will be paid at the end of the course (After checking the attendance and behavior of the candidate)
Effect of Attendance on Course Fee:
All the empanelled institutions must send the monthly reports of the candidates to the Director of AP Study Circle. These attendance reports show a high impact on the second installment fee. In order to release the second installment fee, the student must maintain the average attendance percentage of 90%. Fee towards the second installment will not be released for those who fail to maintain 90% attendance.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents & Age Limit
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme was introduced to provide Free Coaching for Civil Services Examination. Check the required Educational Qualification, Documents, and Age Limit
- Candidates must hold a bachelor degree from any of the recognized institute/University from the State/Central Government
- Annual Family income of the candidate must be less than 2 lakhs
- Applicant must belong to AP State
Age Limit for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme:
Candidate must cross the minimum age of 21 Years and must not cross the maximum age limit of 37 Years.
Documents Required for Online Application:
Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria can get ready with the below documents to submit the online application
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- DOB Certificate or SSC Certificate for the proof of DOB
- Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Bank Passbook (In the name of Applicant)
- Passport Size Photograph (30 KB)
- Signature (30 KB)
- Disability Certificate (In case of PH Candidates)
NTR Vidyonnathi Plus Notification, Eligibility Criteria & Online Application Procedure
NTR Vidyonnathi Plus is a type of scheme which provides free coaching for UPSC Civils aspirants. This scheme was managed by Dr. Lakshmaiah IAS Study Circle, Hyderabad under the roof of the Para Association for Rural Development (PARD). Free Civils coaching will be provided for an approximate of 300 candidates.
Candidates who are interested to apply for NTR Vidyonnathi Plus scheme are required to fulfill the below eligibility conditions
- Any aspirant who have benefited from taking civils coaching under NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme of 2015-16 & 2016-17 batches
- Any aspirants who are economically backward and completed Civils coaching in any private coaching center in India
- Candidate must be the citizen of India
- Age Limits are as per the UPSC
- Priority will be given for the candidates who have qualified in NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme for the Years 2015-16 and 2016-17
- Candidate must hold the bachelor degree from any of the reputed Institution/University
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the team of Dr. Lakshmaiah IAS Study Circle (DLSC). The Team takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Certificate Verification
- In order to get benefited by this scheme, candidates have to submit their application by visiting the official website of Dr. Lakshmaiah’s IAS
Entrance Exam Type:
|Mode of Exam||Objective Type|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Marks per each question||2 Marks|
|Negative marks for each wrong answer||0.66 Marks|
|Syllabus||General Studies – 100 Marks (Same as UPSC Prelims Syllabus)
CSAT – 50 Marks (Same as UPSC Prelims)
|Entrance Exam Fee||Free|
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Category wise Merit List/Cut off Marks
- BC Merit List Download PDF
- EBC Merit List Download PDF
- Kapu Merit List Download PDF
- Minority Merit List Download PDF
- Brahmin Merit List Download PDF
- SC Merit List Download PDF
- ST Merit List Download PDF
For any other queries regarding NTR Vidyonnathi & Vidyonnathi Plus Schemes please feel free to drop a comment in the below section. Our expert team will guide get back to you in seconds.